Chapter 38

•Narrator's POV•

Her eyes shot open with faint music in the back ground. The fogginess disrupted her vision as it slowly got adjusted to the light. Getting up the feeling of weakness and coldness encased her.

'By the look of the curtains it should be hot out now. So why am I cold?.'  She thought

Grabbing the nearest shirt that conveniently wasn't her's she quickly slipped it on.

Through her peripherals side eye she paused mid step and looked at the mirror.

At a glance the obvious chaos on her wrist veins were dark.

Realization kicked in.

In a rush she dashed out the room to find someone.

Martina and Dodeka sat on the sofa rubbing her stomach with joyous expressions.

He talked and prodded as the baby would responded with a kick or a movement.

He placed loving kisses all over her stomach which only intensified the movements and Martina jolted in pain shoving him aside.

Their eyes soon went over to Ruelle standing awkwardly at the corner of the room just watching their bonding moment.

Martina's eye glowed at the sight of her best friend and squealed in happiness.

"Bestie your awake,finally. I was about to walk them damn stairs with this belly and beat you awake. How are you feeling?" she asked patting a space beside her for ruelle to sit.

"I feel fine" Ruelle said swallowing the guilty feeling that was a result of her lie.

"You sure?" Dodeka asked looking at her with pity only furthering the feeling of turmoil.

"I'm just glad I'm awake now" she said feigning a smile before sitting beside martina.

"Where is Miriam?" she asked only for the couple to glance at each other with a saddened look before Martina gave her a kind smile.

"She went to work that milf money, just rest up. You must be tired, mommy" she said with a wink. Ruelle timidly tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"You know?" she said covering her wrist with the long sleeved shirt.

"Of course I know. Now you need to hop on to work so I can get my little exercise on" she said giving Dodeka a wink as he shook his head at her.

Ruelle's face contorted into one of disgust the moment she picked up on what she meant.

"And that's my cue to leave" she said awkwardly backing away from them then running up to her room to get changed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ruelle's POV

"How are things? Has anyone come to harass you?!" Mrs.Glisstone asked loudly over the sound of water and children's voices.

"Things are ok. I actually wasn't in yesterday. Didn't feel well, but I feel fine now" I lied while displaying a bright smile on my face. Mrs Glisstone shook her head seeming not to believe the false expression.

"How are the new employee's treating you?" she asked and I rolled my eyes feeling a headache coming on.

"There...well kids, that's all I can say" I answered.

"Oh hello Ruelle how've you been doing?" Mr.Glisstone said appearing on  screen making my smile brighten as I saw him.

"I'm doing ok, how's the vacation?"she asked drinking a cup of orange juice.