Chapter 36

Narrator POV•

Dio knocked on the door waiting with flowers in hand for a certain beauty to emerge.

He heard voices speaking aggressively back and forth, which initially didn't make him worry. Maybe she was talking to a patient. Crashing sounds echoed and his eyes narrowed in shock before knocking rigorously on the door calling for her.

A few dreadful seconds flew by before she opened the door with a welcoming smile, eying the flowers in his hand.

"Babe, this is sweet. You don't know how happy I am to see you" she said hugging him tightly and kissed his cheek all the while he eyed her with suspicion.

Walking past her into the office,he paced around giving it a quick inspection.

Everything was nearly in place and not a soul was in the room either.

"I swear I heard someone in here" he said. She rolled her eyes pulling out her tablet to show him she was watching one of her soap Opera's and he eyed her for a few seconds before visibly sighing in relief.

 She rolled her eyes pulling out her tablet to show him she was watching one of her soap Opera's and he eyed her for a few seconds before visibly sighing in relief

"I wanted to see how you were doing, you've been silent the past few days. I was wondering if I did something" he said rubbing the back of his head and she grinned shaking her head.

Skipping over to him and placing the flowers down, holding his hands and placing them around her waist.

"You did nothing wrong I was just busy but I stopped by the gym yesterday and had a few words with the owner and let's say your going to be the new trainer" she said and his eyes widened in surprise.

"Really?" he said and she shook her head.

Not even a second passed before he swept her up into his arms causing sudden squeals to come from the giggling woman as he spun her around.

"I didn't do much he already liked you" she said once he put her down.

"I really appreciate you chantria, more than you know" he said with a toothy smile making her heart clench.

'Oh no' she thought looking past him for a second.

"Is everything alright?" he asked and she nodded giving him a quick kiss.

He looked pass her to see something glowing in the distance and his brow furrowed in confusion. Her gaze quickly followed, fear creeping in .

He walked towards the glowing figment when something slammed him in the back of his head making him fall dizzy. Body dropping to the floor, drifting into unconscious.

*~~~

"Hey, hey Dio" a voice said in the distance slowly drawing him back to consciousness. His eyes flickered upon seeing the face of the woman he loves.

"Oh finally your awake. I was so worried about you" she said bringing him some water and pills for the headache.

"What happened?" he asked slowly getting up but a jolt of pain made him hold his head wincing in pain.