Chapter 46

•Miriam's POV•

"I hope I didn't disappointed you, especially with all you've done for me but it is an emergency" I explained and he nodded.

"I understand you have a family now. I'm happy you decided to discuss this first instead of doing something unwise. When will you return?" Mr Rogers asked before taking a sip of his coffee.

"To be honest I am not sure and I've been thinking about a better way to sort things out but I would just like to take two weeks in case of anything" I said swallowing hard while playing with the rings on my fingers under the table.

"You haven't been in this position for very long and you have proven yourself and worked hard no matter the negativity from others so I'll make an acception this once, because it's you." he said and I smiled.

"Thank you. I will make the most of this and return" I said shaking his hand and he nodded dusting his clothes of any crumps.

After tying up that end I decided to head home and work out for about an hour before taking a very needed shower.
I wrapped the towel around my hair then decided to take a look over the crib to take a look on little ones.

It still feels so new.

I'm a parent.

Kazimir peered up at me playing with his fingers, his legs up into the air as the girls slept peacefully near to him.

As I continued to look at him, his gaze never diverted from mine--barely  blinking.

His pupils dilated before transmuting slowly, spreading until even the sclera of his eye was black.  I did the same and he giggled reaching his hands out for me as I smiled taking him out of the crib, kissing his cheeks as he latched unto my ears and started pulling.

"Come on now, let go" I demanded but he continued giggling and yanking on my ears. His grip was persistent so I lightly slapped his hand and his eyes went right back to normal. He paused for a moment before letting out an ear splitting scream.

Ruelle barged right in the room breathing hard and walking right over to me.

"You didn't run all the way up here did you?"

She took our son from me while avoiding my gaze.

"Don't worry I feel just fine. I won't bleed out on you" she said in a cold tone.

The girls started shifting uncomfortably and popped there small lips open to whine.

They didn't cry half as much as their brother. I'm surprised they haven't started following his lead and scream at us all till were deaf.

"There, there little one mommy is right here" she said rubbing his back while kissing his head to calm him down.

"What did you do?" she asked and I narrowed my eyes at her with a glare.

"Are you seriously playing the blame game right now?"

"They were prefectly fine before you waltzed in here" she said putting him back in the crib as his sisters gazed at him.

I watched as Ruelle smiled enjoying the little moment.

"Why did you do it ?" I asked and her body visibly stiffened before she hesitantly looked at me.

And to no surprise she knew exactly what I meant.

"I trusted her because she was my friend. I believed that she had my interest at heart. I was desperate at the time to get what I wanted from you because you weren't opening up to me enough. You left me in the in the dark Miriam" she explained.