Chapter 11

" A vineyard of roses , the beautiful scenery capturing my heart.
The heart that would soon swoon and waver in the wind just as the bloomed petals.

Petals both red and white.

Taking root in my heart and penetrating into the very sinful part of mt soul just as the thorns that clutch onto the roses.

Should I shy away ?
should I run away from the inevitable effects?

Have you already sank your thorns too far that their is no turning back.

Is this my warning ?.

A contrasting field of vineyard roses ?

by A/N . @Frostgiantsage-Queen

•Ruelle's POV•

I sat with a slouched posture and red puffy burning eyes. Bags under my eyes giving me a corpse appearance.
A mug of coffee clutched in my right hand as I sat on my bed reflecting my life and how miserable and on edge I felt .

"Where did it all go wrong " I muttered to myself finishing the cup of coffee and placing it on my dresser with a sigh begrudgingly pulling my hair in a high ponytail getting ready to be slaved out today. "Ruelle you should already be up and getting things done where are you ?!" ursula shouted and started murmuring to herself randomly moving things around the living room where her husband resided. I rushed downstairs with a sulking expression. " By the way please tell me why Jed phoned me this morning telling me you refused to go on a date with him last night ?" ursula questioned with a brow raised and arms folded. " Not interested" I replied simply deciding to start with the dirty dishes.

"What do you mean not interested do you have anyone better in mind than him ?" She asked . " No mother I'm just not interested in him specifically " I answered scrubbing the stainless utensils.

"There are a lot of things we still need to be at comfort in this house and you have the time to only think about yourself ?. What about me,what about your brother don't you care about our welfare and life" she said with her hands on her hips tapping her right feet on the slick floor.

"Stop overreacting , your being a drama queen right now" I responded rinsing the cups glass cups aggressively the dish water damping my long sleeves. " I'm being a drama queen or are you being a selfish little brat after all I've done for you. This is least I'm asking of you to do for me ,for us " she said in a sorrowful tone but I wasn't buying it one bit.

"Aren't we working and getting the things we need and enjoying a little of our wants at the same time . If you want anymore than that then go ask your alcoholic husband to get off his scrawny lazy ass and work" I said bitterly and my ponytail was abruptly yanked on with a rigid grip.

" If you want to continue living in this house I suggest you respect your elders even if if he is just a worthless drunk " she warned letting my hair go and stepping back from me . " Remember next week jedd will be taking you out on a date and I expect you to be on your best behavior like I've raised you to be " she said then exited the kitchen leaving me trembling in anger and a single tear slipping down my cheek.

I have to find a way out of this jedd is douche bag and a narcissist that thinks the world owes him everything and if there is one thing I know  .....

My body belongs to me and it's owed or obligated to no one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I gazed up at the blanket of stars that stretched to infinity and some of the street light beyond me was visible in the darkness of the night .I threw a suitcase and two other bags into the drunk of my car . I carried my self care products along with my make up in another closed bag and put in right in the back seat. A feeling of hesitation was clawing at me but I knew I couldn't stay here and allowed my family to rule my life and pressure me into dating someone whom I have zero interest in.

I  backed up out the garage way and out the yard. Driving down the road turning the music volume up and rocking to the tune . "I was wrapped around your finger " I sang along with post Malone.
After listening to a few songs I finally decided to think about where the hell I was going to stay.

I was a 20 year old virgin with no friends no life and a mundane depressing life with no goal or real purpose than just to survive off the little waitress job I have .

Where would a girl like me go in a desperate time like this ? .....

A Only fans

Sell my  belongings

Become a janitor ? Heck no

Become a stripper? Mhmmm .... maybe.

Ugh ,who am I kidding an highly  introvert and reserved person like myself stripping , yeah kinda ridiculous.

**

There were bunch of white roses being blown in the wind and for some reason the sun is really bright but I wasn't affected by it . I looked off into the distance and all of a sudden a wall of light that would be too bright for any human too bear opened and a silhouette walked from it making there way over to me. I stood up and started walking towards what it was curiosity getting the best of me .

Before I could ask asking who it was something caught my attention making me halt in my steps. The white roses turned from white to blood red it's pigment apparent and bright everytime this person walked past a section of them . I think I could make out the fact they were tall and in a suit so most likely a man. I stopped down to to examine the white rose.

The smile that graced my lips dropped as it turned red between my fingers and my head swiftly rose up my breath hitching in my throat at figure standing before me with there both hands in their pockets. The rays of sun reflecting on this person making my squinted widened in shock and realization.

Muffled noises and knocks woke me up making me flinch in fright. I grabbed my pocket knife as they opened the door with ease and internally I face palmed myself at how stupid I was for nit closing the door properly.

" Do you always keep your door opened for your knight in shining armor at this time of night ?" she asked closing the door once she well seated in the my car . " No I'm running away from home if you couldn't tell " I said and again I face palmed myself internally at telling her my reasons for being out here. A frown formed on her face at my reply. " Why not just go to a motel or a friend's place ?" She asked glancing down at my hand that still gripped my weapon. " I won't hurt you "she said without even blinking ,her dull green eyes gazing into mine.

Weird.

" If I had that option you think I would be here " I responded putting the pocket knife away. " You could stay with me " she suggested and I scoffed . " I'm not staying with a stranger " .

" Then I could pay for your hotel stay instead" she ordered. " No thank you I'm good " I said waving her off . " I wasn't asking I'm telling you ,now drive " she said in a stern tone leaving no room for any protest . My face morphed in shock from her audacity .

"Excuse me this is my car and why are you even doing out here at this time of night aren't you afraid someone could jump you?" I questioned and even in dark with minimal light I could make out the grin on her face.

She reached over latching my seat belt onto me and placed my hands on the steering wheel. " Since your so persistent how about you drive" I said . " I know what your doing and I'm not falling for it" she said with her right hand still on mine . My skin prickled in goosebumps at the contact and my mind raced with the dream I had about her.

I'm sure it was her.

" Fine " I muttered finally giving in to her demands starting up the car .