Chapter 49

•Miriam's POV•

I spread something on the floor and motioned my body in a relaxed position, easing my mind. I demanded everyone stay away but not too far incase anything happened.

I had no idea what I was doing but I had to do something.

Flashbacks and memories of when I was with Ena swarmed my mind.

I could barely steer where my thoughts drifted as it took a deep delve into my deep vulnerable memories. I opened my eyes blinking the tears away.

"Just show up damnit what am I supposed to do"

I looked down at my wrist to see dark thick veins and my eyes burned as if they were scorched in fire. I  begrudgingly placed my hands palms on the ground.

This was a long shot anyway...

I tried clearing my mind despite the pain and fought to kept my eyes opened.

"Come on open up alrea-

My eyes instantly snapped shut at the overwhelming light beaming in my direction

I slowly opened my eyes feeling relief rising in my chest. I hear crying in the distance-- I turned to see Ruelle wearing sun glasses as she held Hina, her chubby cheeks streaked with tears.

Eventually everyone else came out and Dio patted my shoulder as I wiped my hands clean while looking to see the veins weren't present anymore making me gulp.

How did I do that and what's my connection with this thing? I've always wondered but never took it seriously.

"Baby are you okay?" Ruelle questioned gently rubbing my back, taking me out of my own head.

"We should go now" Dodeka said holding Martina's hand while having a sleeping zenith over his shoulder and I nodded.

There was a gashing and glitching at a side of the portal and my mouth formed in a O shape in realization.

The time Ena and I were throwing rocks at it, all those years ago before I came to earth.

Could that be the reason for it?. But that was years ago.

"Be careful it seems to be damaged" I said and Dodeka went through first with Martina and their son. "Baby what's wrong?" she asked and I forced a smile kissing her forehead .

"Go ahead, I'll just look behind for a while" I said and she hesitantly stepped off following Dio as he peeked at his nephew and niece to see if they were ok.

He made sure she went in first and I stood their looking around with my unnatural vision, stopping once I didn't see anything shady then I stepped right through the awaiting passage home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Home sweet home" Dio said and I went over to Ruelle taking Zora in my arms so she could rest a little.