Chapter 8

I don't own any of the gifs or pictures depicted.

•Miriam's POV•

Frying sounds , pots and pans clunked together along with low music.The aroma coming from the kitchen wasn't surprising because of the pro standing in the kitchen swaying her hips slowly and humming with the tune.

I would hate to interrupt her peace but the question on my mind held me captive and wouldn't let me be.

" There is no need for you to be here and still cooking . Regan employed you remember" I said and she jumped and turned around startled at my presence. "I don't feel like going yet but I will soon" .

" But-

"I just want to stay and give my friend some company is that a crime" she said folding her arms and raising her thick brows . "Not a problem whatsoever " I responded. " I don't mean to make your morning gloomy or anything but there is gonna be a memorial gathering for uh ...Regan and his father tonight .I think Mr Rogers will be  in attendance " she informed me.

Great .

Just what I needed another gathering with rich people who pretended like they give a damn about Regan. The joy this brings me.

" Thank you for informing me ".

And next on the agenda was going on a business meeting with Mr. Roger some time after the memorial for something urgent he says but quite frankly I dislike planes ,helicopter ,jets anything of that sort.

I begrudgingly grabbed a fork and salivated  at what Martina made. I glanced down and a smiled was quickly rotted on my face upon seeing one of my favourites.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How is school?" Mr Rogers asked fixing his green tie. I gave him a quizzical look and he must have picked up on my confusion. "Oh well you are my pupil and I just want to know if your capable of taking up the responsibility of someday taking over this company" .