Chapter 52

•Miriam's POV•

"You think I don't know your shaking where you stand. Afraid just as you were as a child"

"Put me in my place then old man" I encouraged and he sprinted to me.

I stood and braced for whatever was coming my way.

He threw his fist straight for my face but quickly changed path and went for my gut so I blocked.

"Luck is on your side, it seems" he smirked stepping back and motioning for me to attack next.

"No such thing" I replied sending a right hook towards his jaw but he caught it, twisted my arm behind me and kept me in a strong hold so I couldn't move.

"Pitiful" he muttered under his breath.

I sent my head flying backwards right into his forehead and nose but he only grunted. In revenge he snapped two of my fingers, breaking them.

I snarled and stomped on his toe resulting in his grip becoming looser so I whipped my hair back.

He pushed me away but I charged toward him heading straight for his knee. I pulled him forward bringing my knee right into his stomach making blood spew from mouth.

He grabbed my leg and pulled me to the ground with him, trying to twist my ankle but I kicked him in the face getting right up and jumping unto of him.

Without any self control I started clawing at his face as my long black nails pierced his skin. He just block it managing to get me off of him. His knee collided straight to my throat making me stagger back.

"So you had to resort to your nature to get things done, doesn't matter I'm managing just fine" he sputtered, wiping the blood from his lips.

He trotted toward me and started attacking straight away. I only managed to block a couple of his jabs and kicks. They all sent me flying backwards and before I knew it I was at the edge of the small hill.

"Times up child" his smirk stretched. He kicked me right off without as much as a blink of hesitation.

I stumbled right off crashing into the hard ground.

Rolling in the dirt and through the stones I winced out loud at the impact. My body finally collided on a huge rock making me scream out.

I heard his loud, deep mocking laugh at my pitiful state but I found the strength to push myself unto my knees.

An overwhelming wave of pain shot through my back.

It can't be broken.

"You crave more humiliation. I guess you want all your bones crushed. I wonder how your little human would feel seeing you in that state. Tsk, the embarrassment but what can I say the weak should stick together and be disposed off."

I knew better than to give into his words but he wouldn't stop until I reacted just so he could laugh when I fall.

He barreled down the hill towards me and then I saw it.

The determination, that thrilled look in his eyes. He wouldn't stop until I took my last breath or begged for mercy and that would never happen.

I just couldn't give in. I assured Ruelle I would be fine and I would go back to her.

They are worse things out there to conquer and what would happen if he was the one to end me? He would be right about me being weak and good for nothing. If I can't protect myself how was I supposed to protect my family. What would happen to Ruelle or to my son and daughters?.