Chapter 21

Lizzie POV

The drive to the beach was pretty quiet. It seemed like Y/N was in her own world so I just let her be. Tonight has been great. I got to show Y/N my garden which I am really proud of and she listened to basically everything I said. On top of it, we had a really nice dinner together, which cemented what I already knew about Y/N. That she is in it for the long run. She didn't get upset at me for throwing her attitude which I am grateful for. I felt slightly bad about it but she didn't seem too affected. We arrived at the beach parking lot quickly and got out of the car. I walked to the front of the vehicle where Y/N met me and grabbed her hand to lead her near the water.

"So what are we doing on the beach?" Y/N looks around trying to figure out the answer to her own question.

"I just wanted to come here. I didn't want the evening to end," I tell her. She nods and we finally reach the water. We stop right where the water does on the sand and looks out at the water for a bit.

"I want to ask you something," Y/N turns to me. She tries to keep eye contact but eventually breaks it looking down at her feet.

"Okay," I lift her chin up so she is looking at me.

"We have known each other for a little over a month now and I really have enjoyed our time together and apart. It was hard to be apart but you made it so easy. You make me really happy knowing I get to talk to you at the end of each day. I feel supported and comforted by you. You even support my hobby which a lot of people would think is weird. I know we have far to go but I am alone for the ride honestly. I would gladly go anywhere with you and um..." she rambles on. "I was wondering if maybe you would consider being my girlfriend?" she finishes off looking everywhere but at me. I smile instantly at her cuteness.

Instead of answering I pull her in for a kiss that is full of passion. I switch between her top and bottom lip for a bit until I need to breathe. I break the kiss but keep holding her head in my hands.

"Yes, baby. I would love to be your girlfriend," I answer her with a big smile on my face. She quickly matches my smile and picks me up by my waist hugging me against her body and spinning us both around. I squeal at the movement and hold onto her shoulders so I don't fall. Eventually, she puts me down not releasing me from the hug. She bounces on her toes which makes me laugh. We both let go of the hug and Y/N takes off down the sand. I just watch as she runs and rolls around. She comes back to me after a short time breathing heavily.

"What on earth was that?" I laugh a bit at the show she just put on.

"I am really happy so I got a lot of energy. I needed to put it somewhere," she explains after catching her breath. I shake my head at her because of her antics.

"Well I am happy too," I confirm and bring her in for another short kiss. "Let's go home," I tell her taking her hand to walk back to the car. The whole way back to the parking lot Y/N was bouncing around. It was like holding a distracted 5-year-old hand.

"You're my girlfriend did you know that?" Y/N beams.

"I did baby," I laugh again at her.

Once we got to the car we both got in and headed back home. Y/N hasn't stopped bouncing. During the drive, she even stuck her head out the window and yell 'Elizabeth Olsen is my girlfriend' which made me laugh pretty hard. After we got home we both went straight to the bedroom and did our night routines. Y/N showered and changed and I just changed and waited for her. We are both in bed now just scrolling through our phones until I think of something.

"Baby, can I see your tattoos?" I put my phone down and turn to her. She nods and puts her phone down as well.

"You have already seen my arms one so here are the triangles I was talking about," she bends her leg backward to show me her ankle. "The top triangle of my sister is thicker because she is older and the bottom one is thick because I am the youngest," she explains it.