Chapter 35

Y/N POV

"Babe?" I hear Lizzie yell through the house.

"Yeah?" I yell back.

"Do you have everything packed and ready to go?" She comes down to the office.

"Yeah it's all by the door," I confirm and she walks back out to do something.

I'm sure you are wondering 'packed for what?'. It has been a week since my conversation with Lizzie about visiting her family. We are packing to go to New York for Thanksgiving. We leave early tomorrow morning and will be there until Friday so we can relax before Lizzie returns to work. For the rest of last week, we basically fell into a routine. Lizzie would go to work and I would stream at home. When she comes back at night we both make dinner together and then we spend some much-needed time cuddling or watching TV. I even convinced her to try to play video games. Let's just say we have to stick with games that are calmer. I got yelled at cause she died in the game and I couldn't do anything.

"You ready for bed?" Lizzie breaks me out of my thoughts coming through the door and sighing.

"Yeah. Are you okay?" I question as she sits on my lap.

"Yeah just stressed about traveling. Let's go to bed," she gets up out of my lap and drags me to the bedroom. I take a quick shower and then join her in bed. "I'm excited for you to meet my family," Lizzie whispers as she snuggles into my neck. 

"I am excited too. But I am also really nervous," I admit.

"Don't be. They will love you. Goodnight baby I love you," she sighs falling asleep.

The next morning I am awoken by kisses from my girlfriend. It feels like I didn't even get any sleep. Lizzie eventually gets me up and out of bed. I get ready pretty fast throwing some sweats and a t-shirt on. Lizzie does the same thing putting leggings on and putting my sweatshirt on. I gather our bags at the front door and put them in the trunk of my car. After I put the last bag in the back Lizzie comes out ready to go and gets in the passenger seat with a huff. I get in and begin driving.

"Are you okay love? You seem stressed," I comment during our drive. 

"Yeah, I'm okay. It just holidays make me stressed," she runs her hand through her hair. I let her be for the rest of the ride. When we get to the airport I park the car in the paid lot and grab our bags out of the back. We check in quickly and go to the terminal. I let Lizzie sit and relax while I go get us some drinks from Starbucks. I grab our breakfast once it is ready and make my way back to Lizzie who is scrolling through her phone.

"For you my love," I offer her the drink and a sandwich which she takes gratefully.

"Thank you, baby," she starts munching on the food. After finishing the food we both get up and I go to throw the trash away while Lizzie goes to get in line. I think she is pretty tired because she has barely said a word and I don't think I did anything wrong. We get on the plane and get comfortable. Lizzie sits in the widow seat while I sit in the middle. Luckily since it is an early flight nobody else sits in our row.

"Take a nap baby," I tap my shoulder so Lizzie can lie on it. She gladly gets comfortable and kisses my cheek before falling asleep. I get comfortable as well and fall asleep quickly. I wake up when we are landing and I see that Lizzie has already woken up. I sit up in my chair and stretch out as much as I can while looking over at Lizzie with a smile.

"Have a good nap?" she questions looking brighter than before. 

"Yes, what about you?" I ask as we get from our seats. 

"Yes your shoulder is very comfortable I must say," she giggles. We get off the plane and go to baggage claim to gather our things. Lizzie says she has the driver handled so after we grab our bags she leads the way. We approach a black SUV and a driver comes out to take our things.