Chapter 25 - Things Heat Up

I lifted my head off his chest and looked into Knox's eyes. 

"You want me to stay over?" I asked, feeling butterflies in my stomach. 

"We'll have the place all to ourselves, so I was just thinking you could. I mean, if you want to. I'm not trying to rush you into anything you're not ready for."

"Umm. Yeah. I guess I could stay over." 

I tried to act nonchalant about it, like it was no big deal, but in reality I wanted to scream and do a little happy dance. I was afraid it would scare him off if he knew how much I liked him and that I had been hoping he would ask me to stay over for a long time now.

I laid my head back down on his chest and I couldn't help the smile that was plastered all over my face. When the movie was finally over, he clicked the TV off with the remote and asked, "So are you ready to go to bed?" 

"Yeah," I said, sitting up, stretching my arms out. 

He slipped his hand into mine before standing up and I stood up too, following behind him as he led the way down the hallway towards his bedroom. As we got closer to his door, my heart started beating faster from anticipation. It wasn't like I had never slept with a man before, even though it had been years ago, but for some reason I felt nervous, like it was my first time all over again. 

I swallowed hard as he flipped on the light in his room and led me through his doorway. I had never been in his room before. It looked like your typical bachelor's bedroom with a King size bed, a dresser with a flat-screen TV on top of it, a small walk-in closet and a couple laundry baskets with clean folded clothes in them sitting on the floor. His bed wasn't made and his room could definitely use a woman's touch, but it smelled really good, like laundry detergent and cologne.

 He kicked his shoes off and tossed them in the closet, before standing there, looking around.

"Well, this is my room. It's nothing special," he shrugged, letting out an exhale and shoving his hands in the pockets of his jeans. 

I stood there looking at Knox in that navy blue Seattle PD t-shirt that showed the outline of his chest muscles, with his tall, lean, muscular frame. He was looking down so his dark brown hair was covering his eyes but I could still see the outline of his square jaw. He slowly lifted his head and looking into his dark, brooding eyes, made my insides flutter. In that moment I wanted him so bad. It had been so long since I had been with a man and it felt like an intense itch that needed to be scratched, but only by Knox. 

I took a few steps forward, closing the gap between us, reaching up and wrapping my arms around his neck, pulling him down and covering his mouth with mine. He didn't hesitate to kiss me back, gripping onto my waist and pulling my body against his. Being pressed up against his firm chest made my insides ignite and I yearned for him. I needed him. I reached down, grabbing the bottom of his t-shirt and pulling it up, revealing his rippled abs and seeing that made me want him even more. I lifted my head and looked up into his eyes, panting, with my heart beating against my chest. 

His eyes looked darker than normal and I could see lust and desire in them. It was easy to see that he wanted me as much as I wanted him. He reached down, pulling my t-shirt up over my head and throwing it across the room before looking down at my white, lacy bra. I hesitated for a second before reaching around behind my back and unclasping it, sliding the straps down my arms and dropping it to the floor. 

He stood there, taking in the view for a couple seconds before lifting his hands and cupping them around my breasts, running his thumbs over my nipples. I closed my eyes and leaned my head back, panting. Feeling his touch there was almost more than I could handle. It made the spot between my legs flutter and ache for him.