Chapter 34 - A Drunken Mistake

***** A Few Hours Later *****

"Here, take another shot with me," Keisha said, sliding a shot of tequila and a salt shaker and lime in front of me.

"I've already had three," I laughed. "You know I can't handle my alcohol like you can."

"Oh come on. Just one more," she pouted, giving me puppy dog eyes.

I let out a frustrated exhale and said, "Fine, but this is the last one. I'm not trying to get 'strip my clothes off and dance on tables in my underwear' drunk. Just happy drunk," I laughed. 

"That's too bad, because I would have loved to see you do a strip tease on a table," Keisha said, wagging her eyebrows up and down at me.

I laughed and rolled my eyes at her with a smile. "You're crazy," I said shaking my head.

I licked the back of my hand and sprinkled it with salt before reluctantly lifting the shot glass in my other hand, letting out an exhale.

"To being crazy," Keisha said with a smirk, lifting her shot glass and clinking it against mine before licking her salt and throwing the shot back. I did the same, wincing from the burn running down my throat and then grabbing the slice of lime and sucking on it to dull the taste.

"Ugh, why do I always let you talk me into these things?" I groaned, with a laugh.

"Because without me, you'd never have any fun," she smiled, giving me a mischievous wink.

'I'm good' by Bebe Rexha and David Guetta started to play and Keisha squealed. "Ahhh, I love this song! Come on! Get your skinny white ass up and let's go dance!" she said, grabbing my arm and dragging me towards the dance floor before I even gave an answer.

We got out to the center of the floor, surrounded by people dancing. I looked around the crowded club and it was easy to spot Knox, Jackson and David off in the distance because David was so much taller than everyone else. They were up at the bar waiting in line to get some more beers so I looked back at Keisha who had her eyes closed, with her head and body bouncing to the beat.

The upbeat song was playing so loud that the bass was reverberating through me. I lifted my arms in the air and started swinging my hips back and forth, moving to the music. I wasn't an amazing dancer like Keisha, but I had enough rhythm to move to the beat. 

"Woohoo!" Keisha yelled, jumping up and down a few times because she was so hyped up by the music before she started dancing again. It was always fun going out with her.

A couple minutes later I felt a tall, solid figure pressing up behind me and I assumed it was Knox, so I lifted my arms and put them around his neck and started dancing against him. Keisha was so lost in the song she didn't even notice. He put his hands on my waist, and I closed my eyes, swaying my body to the music.

A minute later I heard a deep voice say, "What the fuck?" and I opened my eyes to see Knox standing in front of me, looking shocked. All the blood instantly rushed from my face and I dropped my arms and stepped away from the person, turning around to see some guy behind me I had never seen before.

He was a tall, dark-haired Italian guy with big muscles that looked like he was in his late twenties. I felt my mouth go dry so I swallowed hard, trying to wrap my head around what just happened, feeling instantly nauseous. I turned back and looked at Knox, with my mouth hanging open in disbelief. 

"He came up behind me and started dancing and I thought it was you. I swear," I told Knox.

The Italian guy I had been dancing with said, "Hey, why don't you fuck off pal. We were having fun. Go find your own chick?"