Chapter 9 - Meeting Juni

***** Elodie's Point of View - Two Days later *****

I sat on the couch in my apartment looking at different job posting websites. There were quite a few openings that required a business degree and they paid really well, so I applied to several before it was even lunch time. 

This was actually a rare day that I got a break from working at the country club because the restaurant was closed for renovations today and tomorrow, but luckily I was still getting paid for those days. 

I heard a ding from my phone and I looked down to see a text from Knox. 

'Hey! Are you busy today?

'No. As a matter of fact I actually have the day off for once. Why?

'You remember that NBA player that got catfished? His name is David Richardson and he plays for the LA Lakers.' 

'Yeah.' 

'He's in Seattle for a game against the Seattle Supersonics and he wants us both to meet him at the stadium for an interview tonight before warm-ups. He said he'll give us really great seats if we want to stay and watch the game after. You up for it?

'Seriously? Hell yeah! That sounds like a good time. I've never been to an NBA game.

'Awesome. I'll be working for a little while and then I need to go home and shower real quick and change. Do you want to just meet me at my apartment around 4:00 and then you can ride with me to the game?

'Sure I can do that.

'Okay. It's Glendale Estates. Apt #305. It's an upstairs level.'

'Ok. See you tonight.

I was so excited to be going to an NBA game with Knox. I grabbed my phone and texted Keisha. 

'Guess who's going to an NBA game tonight to have a meeting with David Richardson from the LA Lakers?

'Are you serious? I am SO jealous right now.

'Yes I'm serious. I'm going with Knox. We're going to interview David about getting catfished before the game and then he got us some really good seats so we can stay and watch.' 

'Now don't forget you promised to tell him about me.

'I didn't forget. I'll definitely ask him if he's interested. You do realize he lives really far away in LA though.'

'That's alright. I would gladly move for him. LOL.' 

That evening I put on a pair of tight blue jeans and a turquoise blue v-neck t-shirt that was form fitting and hugged my curves. Then I curled my long, brown hair and put on a little bit of natural looking makeup.  When I was finally ready I entered Knox's address into my phone for directions and it didn't take long to get to the Glendale Estates apartments. For some reason I felt really nervous but I wasn't sure why. I climbed up the stairs and found a door with a number 305 and knocked. 

"Just a minute!" I heard a female voice yell. 

A minute later the door opened and a beautiful woman answered. She was about 5'10 and had short brown hair and a big white smile. 

"Hi!" she beamed. "You must be Elodie. I'm Juniper but everybody calls me Juni. Knox told me you'd be coming over to ride to the game together. I just got off the phone with him and he's running a bit behind, but you can come on in and wait."