Chapter 45 - Nursery

**One month later - Elodie's point of view **

It felt so good to finally be free from that bed. The doctor had checked me yesterday and everything looked good so I was finally free again and there was something I had been waiting to do. I called Juni from the Bluetooth in my car.

"Hey! I'm on my way."

"I'm on my way too. I'll meet you there in a few!"

Pretty soon I pulled into the parking lot of the mall and made my way inside the store. I spotted Juni and waved with a big smile. She waddled over to me, holding her back. Her belly was huge now. She was due in two weeks, so we didn't have much time to get everything ready.

"Are you ready?" I asked.

Juni looked around the baby store. "Yep. I'm ready."

"Ok then let's go! I'm so excited," I told her, grabbing her hand and pulling her towards the area with cribs and blankets.

"Look at this crib Juni! It looks so nice. It has the diaper changer and drawers connected right on the side of it AND it even says it converts into a toddler bed and then a full size bed for when they're older. That's really nice! Do you like it?"

Juni picked up the price tag and said, "Elodie! This says it's six hundred dollars!"

"Yeah that's not bad if you consider that you would have to buy a crib, a diaper changer, a dresser, a toddler bed and a full size bed separately to make up for everything this has," I told her. "This bed will actually save us a lot of money in the long run."

"Yeah I guess you're right. That's really smart," Juni smiled.

"Plus Tyler's Mom said she's paying for everything you pick out and not to worry about the cost. I'm buying one for myself and our nursery too. Our babies will have matching beds," I smiled. "I'll pull up their app on my phone and type in that item # and add one to each of our carts. I made a list of everything we need to buy."

"Is it a long list?" she asked.

"Uhh, yeah," I smiled. "Very long. We need high chairs, play pens, strollers, car seats, baby bathtubs, lotion, shampoo, baby towels, nail clippers, diapers, baby wipes, diaper rash cream, diaper bags, bottles, formula, blankets, clothes, socks, and shoes. I feel like I'm forgetting something," I said in deep thought. "Toys! We need baby toys!"

Juni stepped forward and gave me a hug, crying on my shoulder.

"Awww. Juni? Are you okay?" I asked, patting her on the back.

She finally pulled back, wiping her tears. "Yeah. It's just, you have no idea how much this means to me, that you're helping me with all this." She hung her head and looked down before saying quietly, "Since my Mom can't be."

I gave her a soft smile. "I'm really glad I can be here for you. It actually means a lot to me too. It makes me feel like I'm part of your family. For my whole life it was just me and my Mom and that was pretty lonely."

"Well you are part of my family now," Juni said with a smile. "You're having Knox's baby and even if you guys aren't married yet, that still makes you family."

I gave her a warm smile and said, "Thank you," before looking down at my own growing belly. "I just can't wait for him to finally be here so I can hold him in my arms."

"Me too," Juni smiled. "These two boys are going to be best friends. I'm sure of it."

That made me smile and I nodded. Then my phone rang and I looked down to see a call from Knox. He had gotten the painting in both nurseries done last night and the carpet installers were supposed to come this morning.