The beginning of the story (part. 4)

As Hailey and Jeromy entered the library. They sat down at an empty table.
Jeromy: "so.. .you wanted to know why I'm in Gotham right. Okay, so every year around my birthday the circus comes around. And so I'm in Gotham because I'm part of the circus act."
Hailey was shocked to hear that Jeromy was part of the circus.
Hailey: "wait hold it. You're saying you're part of the circus. That's awesome."
Hailey felt grief in Jeromy's eyes about what she said.
Hailey: "I'm sorry did I say something wrong?"
Jeromy: "no you didn't say anything wrong. It's just that living in the circus is a living hell."
Hailey leaned in closer to Jeromy. She placed her hand on top of his.
Hailey: "hey you can tell me anything."
Hailey bit her lip and continue trying to calm Jeromy down.
Hailey: "you know I know what's it like to live in hell. My family treats me like my nothing."
Jeromy slowly lifted his head back up. And gazed into Hailey's beautiful green eyes. Hailey continues to tell him.
Hailey: "when I was 5 years old. My grandmother came to visit us. And when I asked her why she did get me anything from her trip. But she got my brother's gifts. She got mad at me and whipped me across the face with a belt. On my tenth birthday my stepfather threat to put me in a mental hospital. Because of my condition."
Jeromy: "condition?"
Hailey: "yeah. My family believes I suffer a sickness from one of my ancestors back in the 1500s century. Jane Fool. She was one of the first female jesters. But long ago she was murdered by someone or something. My entire family says I inherited some of her traits."
Hailey started making a suggested expression. While rubbing her arms. She also felt like she was admitting to things. She never admits to it before.
Jeromy Took Hailey's hand and started moving his finger back and forth on her hand.
Jeromy: "there is nothing wrong with you okay? Whatever condition your family thinks you have. You don't okay."
Hailey started biting the bottom of her lip. To try to hold back her tears. And that's when Hailey realized that there is someone out in this cruel world who cares about her feelings.
Jeromy grabbed tightly onto Hailey's hand and slowly moved in closer to her. Hailey's heart started to beat out of her chest like a drum. Hailey closed her eyes slowly and lean in too. Hailey started getting lightheaded while leaning in closer to Jeromy's face.
Jeromy took a deep breath out and gently almost touch her lips.
But suddenly it was intruded when Hailey's cellphone started to ring.
Both Hailey and Jeromy stopped and look at Hailey's cell phone.
Hailey: "sorry, it must be my mom."
But when Hailey looked at it. It wasn't her mother. It was her father. As in her birth father (Jason Caller).