The beginning of the story (part. 33)

Haley seemed very upset by his words.
John looked at Mary then at Hailey and Jeromy and then slowly back at Haley.
John Grayson: "Come on guys. Let's go help him."
As they continued to move the body closer to the hay box. The GCPD had finally arrived to see what happened.
The officer: "Hello we got your call. So where is she?"
C, C. Haley put his head down and pointed towards her.
But as the officer was walking closer to him. And his partner was looking around the place.
The officer: "Let me see her?"
Haly removed the cover towel that was covering her up. And showed the officer where she was at.
His partner: "Oh my god!"
The officer: "How did this happen?"
C.C. Haly: "We don't know... All we were doing was putting on a show. And she went outside to take a breather."
As Haly continued talking with the office.
Hailey sat next to Jeromy. Trying to calm him down.
Hailey: "Hey... you okay."
Jeromy: "Umm... yeah. I was just thinking about something."
Hailey: "What were you thinking about?"
Jeromy: "Ooh Will just some stupid stuff."
Hailey gently grabbed Jeromy's hand and rumbled it softly and gently like she was trying to calm him down.
Jeromy smiled softly at Hailey. And gently kissed her on the cheek.
Hailey looked at him with a sweet soft smile.
Hailey: "What was the stupid stuff you were thinking about?"
Jeromy: "Ooh Will when I was eight. My aunt used to throw plates and knives at me."
Hailey: "What why did she do that for?"
Jeromy: "Ooh umm because I never liked to listen to her. I always like to back-talk her. Do my things."
Hailey looked down at Jeromy's hand with a concerned look on her face.
Hailey: "What do you mean do your own thing."
Jeromy smiled at Hailey.
But not a sweet kind smile. More like an insane smile. And tightly grabbed Hailey's hand.
Hailey couldn't understand what her uncle wanted. Or what Jeromy meant.
C.C. Haly: "Okay... My sorry about that. If Lilith's death bothers you... you can..."
Right before Haly could finish his sentence. Hailey cut him off and said.
Hailey: "It's not... I mean it's perfectly normal in Gotham. People die and get murdered every day in Gotham."
C.C. Haly: "Okay Will I was just worried about. Maybe all of this was a little bit too much for you."
Hailey smiled a little bit at her uncle and held his hand gently in the palm of her hand.
Hailey: "Nothing bothers me. I'm kind of used to it. The Gentle, the crushed, and the madness too. So I'm fine. You don't need to worry about me. Besides what could go wrong."
Haly smiled at Hailey sweetly and softly. And hugged her. He felt like some was off.
Oswald looked at Haly with a concerned face.
Hailey looked at both Oswald and Haly slowly.
But slowly She suddenly asked, "What's wrong?"
Haly pushed away from Hailey and smiled softly.
Haly: "Yeah everything is fine... go with your brother. He'll take you to the trailer."
Hailey: "k..."
Dennis: "Come on Hay. Hay."
As Hailey walked with her brother to the trailer. Haly and Oswald continued to look at each other and Jeromy. Like they knew something was off.