The Power of Jane Fool (page. 38)

So mostly everyone was keeping to their selves.
Hailey: "Hey Jeromy."
Jeromy: "Umm. What is it, Hailey?"
Hailey: "Will I just ask something from you? You know what Haly and Denny were talking about."
Jeromy: "Your uncle and brother. Umm no sorry. I try to stay away from people's conversations."
Hailey: "Oh."
Jeromy: "Yep. So yeah."
Hailey: "So you're going to be my date tomorrow?"
Jeromy smiled softly and replied with
"Will see."
While teasing Hailey and placing his hand on her hip. Like he was trying to pull her closer to his body.
Hailey gently pressed her lips onto his and kissed him gently like she didn't want to closer to their relationship.
As they were kissing. Hailey heard a loud sound coming from behind her.
Hailey pushed Jeremy away to find out what the sound was.
Hailey: "Do you know what that was?"
Jeromy: "What was it?"
Hailey: "That sounded. It sounded like a fox squealing in the forest."
Jeromy: "Probably is a fox."
Hailey gave Jeromy a blank expression.
Jeromy: "What I'm just saying."
Hailey: "Do you think a fox is going to want to hand out hearing a circus?"
Jeromy: "No not really."
Hailey giggled at Jeromy and slowly patted his head.
C.C. Haly: "Hailey come with me. I have a birthday present for you."
Hailey: "Okay see ya later Jeromy."
Jeromy: "Bye Hailey."
Hailey walked with her uncle to see what he wanted to show her.
Hailey: "So. What's the surprise you wanted to give me... Will you know my birthday is not until tomorrow right?"
C.C. Haly: "I know. But I want to give this to you early. Because you're going to need this for tomorrow."
Hailey: "Okay so then what is it?"
C.C. Haly: "Open it and find out if you like it."
Hailey walked slowly up to the wooden shaped box. It had a grey opening handle to open it. Hailey unlatched the handle and opened the box all the way.
C.C. Haly: "So what do you think?"
Hailey was so shocked to even think about how gorgeous it was. It was a blue Sapphire vintage dress with lace sleeves.
C.C. Haly: "Will you like it?"
Hailey: "Do I like it? I love it. It's perfect. Thank you."
C.C., Haly: "No problem. Your father and I both picked it out. Will I pick the dress? He picked the bracelets."
Hailey: "Will there both really beautiful... Thank you so much."
C.C. Haly: "Of course kiddo."
Hailey: "Will good night."
C.C Haly: "Night."
Hailey looked at her sapphire blue dress and diamond bracelets. She hugged both of them tightly in her arms. And head straight to bed.
But as Hailey slept through the night. She didn't know that her life was going to change in one big thing.
(April 1, 1982, 7:42 a.m)
It was April 1 also known as April Fool's Day. Where people pull pranks and make people feel bad or good. Will depend on the prank they pull. But was also Hailey birthday today. Which meant she was 16 years old.
Hailey woke up to her alarm singing Happy Birthday to her.
Hailey smiled in the mirror at her messy brown hair and pink nightgown.
Hailey walked out of the bathroom and grabbed a towel and her new dress.
She pulled off her nightgown and jumped in the shower.