The Power of Jane Fool (page. 46)

With a mix of nerves and determination, Hailey called out to him, her heart racing as she prepared to share her secret and seek comfort in his familiar presence.
Hailey: "Uncle Haly."
C.C. Haly: "What is it, Hailey?"
Hailey: "I need to talk to you."
Uncle Haly noticed the trouble took on Hailey's face and guided her to an empty bench nearby, away from the circus tent. Sitting down beside her, he gently took her hands in his, offering her a supportive gaze.
Hailey took a deep breath and, with tears welling up in her eyes, finally confessed to her uncle about being pregnant with Jeromy's child. She poured out her fears and worries, feeling a sense of relief in sharing her burden with someone she trusted.
Uncle Haly listened attentively, his comforting presence giving her the strength to voice her concerns.
C.C. Haly: "Wait are... are you sure about it?"
Hailey: "I took it and it was positive."
C.C. Haly: "Oh... oh my..."
Hailey: "Yeah."
C.C. Haly: "Will I'm glad you told me. But you're going after telling your Dad and your brother... And Jeromy."
Hailey: "What about his uncle, Zach?"
C.C. Haly: "I'll handle him. Okay. Tell your father, brother, and Jeromy now. Okay."
Hailey: "Okay. Thank you, uncle. I love you."
C.C. Haly: "Love you too kid."
As Hailey hugged her uncle. She thought of a way to tell her father, brother, and Jeromy about the pregnancy without Zach. Jeromy's uncle finds out."
As Hailey hugged her uncle, she felt a wave of gratitude for his understanding and support. In that moment of embrace, a plan started to form in her mind. She knew that she needed to tell her father, brother, and Jeromy about the pregnancy, but she wanted to keep it a secret from Zach, Jeromy's uncle, at least for now.
With Uncle Haly's guidance, Hailey devised a strategy to have individual conversations with each of them in a discreet and controlled manner, ensuring that the news was shared on her terms. She felt a newfound sense of confidence and determination as resolved to navigate this delicate situation with care and consideration for everyone involved.
Feeling empowered by her uncle's encouragement, Hailey knew that she was ready to face the challenges ahead with courage and grace, determined to protect her unborn child and shield them from any unnecessary turmoil.
(April 8, 1982)
Six days passed since Hailey had confidence in her father and brother about her pregnancy, but she still hadn't found the courage to tell Jeromy. As she sat on the bench, her mind raced with thoughts of how he would react to the news. Would he be supportive? Would he be understanding? Or would he turn away and leave her to face this alone?
She took a deep breath, Hailey knew that she couldn't delay this conversation any longer. She had to be honest with Jeromy, no matter how difficult it may be. With a newfound determination, she stood up from the bench and made her way to find Jeromy, steeling herself for the conversation that would change both of their lives forever.
As Hailey was about to approach Jeromy to have the crucial conversation, she was halted by a sudden presence- Zach, Jeromy's uncle, stood in her way with a steely glare. Hailey's heart sank as she realized that he had something found out about her pregnancy.