The Power of Jane Fool (page. 56)

As she stared at him, a strange sensation swept over her, a feeling of power and control.
Without thinking, the knife glinted in the dim light, the blade sharp and deadly. Her hands shook as she gripped it tightly, her heart racing with a mixture of fear and excitement.
She took a step closer to her father, the knife held tightly in her hand. With each step, her resolve grew stronger, and her mind clouded with a sense of purpose that she couldn't quite understand. As she reached him, she hesitated for a moment, the reality of what she was about to do sinking in.
But then, without warning something inside her snapped. A dark, twisted voice in the back of her mind whispered to her, urging her on. With a sudden burst of energy, Hazley raised the knife high above her head and plunged it down into her father's chest.
The sound of the blade piercing his flesh was sickening, a wet, tearing noise that echoed through the room. Her father's eyes flew open in shock, but it was too late. Hazley drove the knife into him again and again, the blows coming faster and faster, a frenzy of violence fueled by a madness she didn't understand.
Blood sprayed across the room, splattering the walls and floor in a gruesome pattern. Hazley's laughter rang out, high and manic, a sound that chilled her to the core even as she revealed it. She couldn't stop herself, couldn't control the onslaught of violence that consumed her.
And then, as suddenly as it had begun, it was over. Hazley stood painting, covered in blood, her father's lifeless body at her feet. The room was silent once more, the only source of the harsh rasp of her breathing as she tried to make sense of what had just happened.
But there was no sense to be made. The dream had been a twisted nightmare, a vision of horror and madness that left her shaken to her cone. But in the dream world, she had become a monster, a creature of darkness and chaos that terrified even herself.
As Hailey woke up, she felt a sense of unease wash over her. The dream she had just awoken from lingered in her mind, leaving her feeling unsettled. In her dreams, she had gone to her father's room to wake him up, only to find him lying lifeless on the bed, a pool of blood surrounding his body. Shaking off the remnants of the dream, Hailey decided to check on her father to ease her mind. Slowly, she made her way to his room, her heart pounding in her chest. As she pushed open the door, her breath caught in her throat.
Her father was lying on the bed, just as she had been in her dream. Panic surged through Hailey as she rushed to his side, praying that it was just a horrible coincidence. But as she touched his cold, lifeless body, she knew that her worst nightmare had come true.
Tears streamed down Hailey's face as she struggled to make sense of the scene before her. Who could have done this to her father? Why would anyone want to harm him? The questions swirled in her mind, each one more terrifying than the last.
As Hailey tried to compose herself, a faint whisper echoed through the room.