The Power of Jane Fool (page. 65)

Hazley stabbed the bloody knife into her stepfather and mother while they slept, she felt a rush of adrenaline coursing through her veins. The dim moonlight filtered through the curtains, casting eerie shadows across the room as she carried out her gruesome deed.
As she plunged the knife into Micheal's chest, Hazley's mind raced with memories of all the times he had hurt her, both physically watching the blood seep from the wound, and staring at the sheet beneath him.
Turning to her mother, Hazley hesitated for a moment. Kristen's soft snores filled the room, oblivious to the horror unfolding before her. Hazley knew that her mother had failed to protect her, allowing Micheal to abuse her without consequence. With a mix of anger and betrayal, Hazley raised the knife once more and brought it down with a ferocious stab.
The room was now filled with the sickening sound of flesh being torn apart, the metallic scent of blood hanging, heavy in the air. Hazley stood over the lifeless bodies of her stepfather and mother, feeling a strange sense of liberation wash over her.
But as she stood there, staring at the aftermath of her action, a sense of dread crept into her heart. What had she done? How could she have committed such a heinous act? Hazley's hands trembled as she dropped the bloodied knife to the floor, the reality of the situation knitted her like a ton of bricks. Pressing down on her chest, making it hard to breathe.
Hailey started to laugh maniacally while blood was everywhere. She couldn't control the hysteria that bubbled up inside her, spilling out in a chilling cacophony of insanity.
She knew she would never be caught. Because no one would think that precious Hailey Jester would kill her own parents.
But Hazley knew the truth behind Hailey's facade, and she revealed it in the power it gave her.
Hazley: "Hailey... Haliey."
Hailey: "Who's there?"
Hailey felt a wave of confusion wash over her as she tried to make sense of Hazley's words.
She thought, her thoughts racing. She knew she had always been a bit of a mystery to herself, but the idea of another part of her personality walking and talking was both intriguing and unsettling.
Hailey: "Are you here to help me make sense of things, or are you just here to confuse me even more?"
She wondered, her thoughts spiraling into a whirlwind of uncertainty.
Hazley: "Not exactly, I'm here to open your eyes to the truth and wake you up. To the world. And to your future as Gotham's Queen of Madness."
Hailey's eyes widened in shock at the mention of becoming Gotham's Queen of Madness. She was torn between fear and curiosity, unsure of what fate awaited her.
Hailey: "What do you mean by that? Why do want to awaken me to this?.. Madness?"
Her voice trembling slightly.
Hailey smirked, her enigmatic eyes gleaming with mischief and malevolence.
Hazley: "Oh yes. Dear, you have so much potential within you. I see the spark of darkness that lies dormant in your soul, waiting to be unleashed. I want to show you your true power, to help you embrace the chaos that resides within you."
Her voice is hypnotic and compelling.
Hazley extended her hand towards Hailey.
Hazley: "Command us together and we can rule Gotham with an iron fist. Embraced your destiny as the Queen of Madness, and we will conquer all who stand in our way."
Her words weave a seductive spell around Hailey.