The Power of Jane Fool (page. 47)

Zach Valin: "So I heard the big news."
Hailey: "What news?"
Zach Valin: "You know about the little bun in the oven."
Hailey: "Shit."
Zach's face was twisted in anger as he confronted Hailey, warning her in a threatening tone to not bother Jeromy with the news of the baby. He made it clear that he would not allow anything to jeopardize Jeromy's future and their family's reputation. The fear that gripped Hailey was palpable as Zach's words sent chills down her spine.
Zach Valin: "Think about that, Ms. Jester."
Despite Zach's intimidating demeanor, Hailey knew deep down that she had to stand up for herself and her unborn child. As she looked into his cold eyes, a newfound sense of defiance ignited within her, fueling her resolve to protect her baby and find a way to navigate this perilous situation.
As Jeromy lift. Jeromy showed up to see Hailey and how she was doing.
But as Zach loomed over her, his threatening presence cast a shadow on the situation, and a ray of unexpected relief appeared in the form of Jeromy's sudden arrival. Hailey's heart skipped a beat at the sight of him, grateful for the unexpected distraction that his presence provided. Jeromy approached Hailey with a concerned expression, asking how she was doing. At that moment, Hailey made a split-second decision to shield Jeromy from the truth and protect him from Zach's wrath. Swallowing her fear, she told Jeromy that she had decided to leave and go back to live with her father, citing personal reasons for her abrupt departure. Jeromy seemed taken about by her sudden announcement, his confusion evident as he searched her eyes for answers.
Jeromy's eyes widened in shock as Hailey revealed her decision to leave. He pleaded with her to stay, his voice filled with desperation as he tried to understand the sudden change.
Jeromy: "No. No. No. No, please Hailey, don't go."
Reaching out to hold her hand.
Jeromy: "I don't understand. Why. Why leave? We can work through whatever's going on. Together. Please give me a chance to make things right."
Despite Jeromy's heartfelt plea, remained resolute in her decision. The weight of her secret hung heavily between them, and she knew that it was a burden. She had to carry alone for now. Tears welled up in her eyes as she gently pulled her hand away from Jeromy's grasp.
Hailey: "I'm so sorry, Jeromy." she whispered.
Hailey: "I have to do this for myself. Please understand this."
With a heavy heart, Hailey turned away, learning Jeromy standing there, his words of persuasion.
Jeromy's confusion turned quickly to frustration as he struggled to comprehend Hailey's sudden departure.
Jeromy: "What do you mean you have to do this for yourself?" he demanded, his voice rising in agitation.
Jeromy: "Why won't you tell me the truth, Hailey? What are you hiding from me?"
Hailey's resolve wavered as she faced Jeromy's anger, her own emotions bubbling to the surface.
Hailey: "I can't tell you right, now." she choked out, tears streaming down her face.
Hailey: "I'm sorry but, I have to go."
The tension between them escalated into a heated argument, with harsh words exchanged in the heat of the moment. Jeromy's confusion turned to hurt, his heart breaking at Hailey's refusal to confide in him. The once inseparable pair stood at odds, their relationship strained by secrets and unspoken truths.