6. Ruined Plan

"OMG, Wednesday, guess what?! I found my dress for the Dark Prom!" Enid squealed.

The raven frowned. "The Dark Prom is three months away, Enid. I don't understand why you waste your time finding something to wear seventy days ahead of time."

The werewolf rolled her eyes. "If you wait until the last minute, all the good ones are gone! Everyone knows that, silly. Come on, I just know you're dying to see it!"

"As long as it doesn't make my eyes blister over with pus and blood, I agree to see it. The last time I went into a colorful dress shop, blood dripped everywhere. It was satisfying, but a mess to clean up." Wednesday retorted.

Enid dragged her roommate over to her closet and showed her the dress. It was the most specifically Enid-like dress Wednesday had ever seen. "You will look like a goddess, Enid. I am sure Ajax will be mesmerized," she murmured.

Enid squealed and clapped her hands. "Yay!! Now we just have to figure out who you're going to go with!"

Wednesday glared at the girl. Of course, she wanted to go with Xavier, but she would never tell Enid that. If her roommate found out, she would never stop talking about the two of them. She would also probably come up with some ridiculous ship name like Xavday or Addorpe.

"I am not going with anyone, Enid. I do not yearn for male validation of what I do or why I do it," she snapped back.

Enid rolled her eyes with a delirious grin. "Neither do I, Wednesday. It's called falling in love. You should know that, I mean it's obvious you and Xavier have feelings for each other."

Thump thump thump. Wednesday could hear her heartbeat rapidly racing faster by the second. "Xavier is my friend, Enid. Besides, he has Bianca. I am sure they will go together like they did for the Rave'N."

"Bianca doesn't still have feelings for Xavier. She's been talking to Lucas for the past month," the werewolf scoffed, "and Xavier obviously has feelings for you."

Wednesday stared at her roommate, extremely unamused. "You keep filling your head with romantic nonsense. I have to go. I'll be back in a few hours."

Enid shrugged. "Okay, if you say so. I still think you and Xavier are a perfect match, though. Where are you going, anyways?"

Wednesday made sure to not make eye contact with her best friend. "I'm going into town for business. Goodbye, Enid."

"Bye, Wednesday. Have fun with your... business," the blonde called back.

...

Before attending to her business, Wednesday stopped by the Weathervane to grab a coffee. She didn't think James would be there, but unfortunately, he was.

"Wednesday Addams!" The boy smiled, "What brings you here?"

The noirette glared at him. "I'm here for coffee. Give me a quad," she commanded.

James decided to bring small talk into the conversation while getting her order. "So, I heard you guys have the Dark Prom in April. Planning on going with anyone? I'd be honored to take you."

Wednesday's expression remained deadpan. "I am going with Xavier. You forget I have a boyfriend."

The boy shrugged. "I didn't forget, just thought I'd ask. A lot of... conflict can be stirred over the span of three months. Where is your boyfriend, now that you've brought him up? Trouble in paradise?"

"He's at school. There is no trouble in paradise. The only trouble associated with me is the fact that I'm even speaking to you." the raven snapped back immediately.