14. Take A Chance

"XAVIER IS TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH YOU! YOU HAVE TO TALK TO HIM!" Enid squealed across the room to Wednesday.

"Enid, you're being irrational. Xavier is dating Mila, and he is intensely captivated by her existence. Besides, I must mend things with Mila after what happened on Saturday concerning her brother," The psychic responded.

"Ughhhh!" The werewolf groaned. "Why won't you just take a chance with him?! He literally threatened to murder James if he ever went around you again! If that doesn't scream 'I'm in love with Wednesday Addams and this is my way of showing it to her' then I don't know what does!"

Wednesday simply stared back. "He is not in love with me. I can assure you, he is overjoyed to be by Mila's side. They have known each other for years."

Enid went over to the wall by the door and started banging her head against it. "Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Someone needs to tell Xavier to confess," she said under her breath.

Just seconds later, Xavier popped his head into the dorm room. "Uh-- are you guys... okay in here?"

Enid's eyes nearly popped out of her head. "Omg, Xavier! What are you doing on the girls' wing?!"

The boy's eyes darted to the floor as anxiety soared through his veins. "I--uh-- I-- I-- I was just taking a walk!"

"Your lying is like a cadaver frozen at the morgue: cold, dead, and brainless," Wednesday commented.

Xavier was speechless. What was he supposed to say? 

How could he tell Wednesday the truth? 

He'd been pacing around outside of their dorm for forty-five minutes trying to figure out the right thing to say to her. Trying to articulate his feelings into words.

"I have to go!" He spat out, scrambling out the door and down the hall.

Enid looked over at her roommate. "You should really tell Mila that her boyfriend is stalking other girls. Then she'd definitely break up with him."

...

"Wednesday, hey. Mila's upstairs," Zachary said, greeting the outcast with a warm smile.

Wednesday frowned at the floor. She hated what she was about to do.

"Zachary, I would like to-- I would like to-- apologize for the events of last Saturday. It was not your job to defend me. I could have defended myself, and I should have. Perhaps you would not have gotten hurt," The girl choked out.

The fluffy-haired boy smiled back at her. "It's okay, Wednesday. Really. I know I didn't have to defend you. It was a choice; I wanted to."

Wednesday stared back at him. "Why would you defend a psychotic outcast?"

Zachary rolled his eyes. "I wouldn't exactly call you psychotic. You're just a risk-taker. It's admirable."

"Wednesday?" Mila asked, walking down the stairs.

The noirette glanced over at the blonde. "Hello."

Zachary walked over to his sister and whispered into her ear. "She just apologized to me, Mils. You can't stay mad at her. She's a good person. She's a good friend."

Mila's jaw dropped. "You like her?! Like that?!" She whisper-hissed back.

The boy's eyes widened in fear. "No! No! I just--"

"Oh my god! You have to tell her!" She whisper-hissed back once more, pulling her brother further away from their friend.

Zachary ran his fingers through his hair. "Mila, no! She just got out of that thing with James and he treated her like shi--"