32. Devious Intentions

"Are you coming or should I call your heathen school right now and tell them where you are?" Tyler asked Wednesday.

Xavier rolled his eyes. "Shut up, Galpin. You know better than to not mess with Wednesday. She'll send you right back to that high-security prison you came from."

Wednesday glared at him. "I do not need you to come to my defense, Xavier."

"Yeah, she doesn't need you, Xavier," Tyler agreed.

Xavier rolled his eyes as he watched Tyler lead Wednesday away. "It's always the damn hyde," He muttered under his breath.

...

"Get your ass out of your damn room, Mila! I'm losing my patience with you!" Mr. Chapman shouted at his teenage daughter.

The teary-eyed girl stumbled out of her room with rosy-colored cheeks, and her father began getting angry. "Why the hell've you been crying, girl? It's your dream to get out of this town. You should be on your knees begging for me to send you away."

"You've ruined my entire life, and I'll never forgive you for this," Mila hissed. "Everything I care about is completely gone because of you!"

Mr. Chapman glared at his daughter. "Shut your goddamn mouth, child. All I've ever done is protected this family's name and provided every single thing you've ever touched! I don't wanna ever hear your shitty little complaints. DO YOU HEAR ME? THAT FUCKIN' SCHOOL IS GOING TO FIX YOU, AND YOU'RE GOING TO COME HOME ONE OF US!"

"NO! You are a horrible father and a horrible role model! The last thing on earth I ever want to be like is you!" Mila shouted, hot tears streaming down her face.

Mr. Chapman shook his head as anger invaded his mind. There are too many words to describe the rage that he was feeling. "You are going to that fucking school and they are going to FIX YOU."

Mila shook her head in denial as she watched her father stomp angrily into her room and violently grab the duffel bags that she had packed.

"Follow me, little bitch," The man commanded his daughter. 

As soon as the girl followed her father out the front door, her mother and all of her siblings were waiting for her. 

"Mila--" Her mother began. 

"You were in on this too?!" Mila exclaimed.

A single tear struck Mrs. Chapman's cheek. "Darling, we're only trying to do what's best for you. The outcasts-- They'll hurt you, darling, and we can't take a chance of that happening."

One of her little sisters, Sarah, was bawling. "MiMi! You can't leave us! We won't have anyone to talk to!"

At that comment, Eleanor began to wail. "Daddy you can't send her away! You're evil! Evil!"

"He's a good man, Elle," Zachary said, trying to comfort his little sister. "If Mils doesn't go away, the bad man will come after her."

"Get in the car, Mila," Mr. Chapman commanded.

Another tear struck Mrs. Chapman's face. "Hold on, my darling. Let me have a hug. I must get one last good look at you."

"N-- NO!" Mila shouted, shrugging away from her mother's embrace. "YOU'RE ALL CRAZY!" She then pointed at her father. "HE'S EVIL, AND HE'S GOING TO KILL THEM ALL! HOW CAN YOU ALL BE SO STUPID?!"

Mrs. Chapman's jaw dropped in shock. "Mila Elaine Chapman, take that back! Your father is the hero of the next generation- your generation!"

"God, he's got you totally brainwashed! He's-- He's-- He's a fool and a murderer!" Mila cried out.