15. Completely Crushed

"Hey, uh, can I talk to you for a sec?" Xavier asked Zachary.

Xavier was hanging out at the Chapman's house to spend time with Mila, and he decided to make the best of it.

"What's up, man?" Zachary asked. He was in a good mood because he was excited about his upcoming first official date with Wednesday.

Xavier couldn't meet his girlfriend's brother's eyes. "I hate to be the one to tell you... but Wednesday said that she doesn't want to go on a date with you anymore. Something about being over romance. I'm really sorry, dude."

Zachary frowned. "I thought she wanted to go with me. She was being so nice."

"Yeah... that's not who Wednesday is. I guess she just didn't want to hurt your feelings in person. If she heard someone calling her nice... let's just say she wouldn't be too happy about it," Xavier responded.

"Zach, are you okay?" Mila asked after walking down the stairs. 

Her brother shrugged. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'll talk to you later, Mils. I'm gonna go for a walk."

Zachary was not, in fact, fine. He was completely crushed. Had Wednesday really just said yes to hurt him?! It didn't make sense. 

The fact that Xavier had been the one to tell him made it even more annoying. Zachary didn't trust Xavier, even if he was dating his sister.

He walked to the Weathervane to find Enid Sinclair talking with Lucas Walker and Bianca Barclay.

Zachary decided to act on impulse and walked up to Enid. "Hey, Enid, can I talk to you for a second?"

The blonde-haired beauty smiled at him and nodded. "Of course! Just give me one second!"

After leaving Bianca and Lucas to talk, Enid walked over to join Zachary. "OMG, you're Zachary right?! I've heard so much about you! What're you planning for your date with Wednesday on Sunday?!"

The normie frowned. "What? I'm not going on a date with Wednesday anymore. That's what I came to ask you about."

Enid raised an eyebrow. "As far as I've been told, you guys are still going on that date, and if you weren't, Wednesday would've told me. Or Thing. Who said you weren't?!"

Zachary's eyes darkened. "Xavier. He said Wednesday told him that she didn't wanna go on a date with me anymore."

"Oh, Xavier can get a little... confused sometimes. I'll talk to Wednesday tonight and I'll dm you in the morning on insta to let you know if anything's changed. See you around, Zachary!" Enid squealed, waving goodbye.

...

Before dinner that night, Wednesday returned from Hummers Club and saw Enid sitting on her bed, polishing up her nails with tips from Thing.

The werewolf looked up immediately, eager to get the tea.

"So, I saw Zachary at the Weathervane today. He said Xavier told him something that interested me. Can I ask you if what he said is true?!"

The psychic stared back, deadpan. "Yes."

Enid widened her eyes with emotion as she told Wednesday, "Xavier said you told him you weren't gonna go on your date with Zachary anymore, but that didn't really make sense. You know, since you and Xavier don't really talk much anymore other than fighting."

Anger boiled in the pit of Wednesday's stomach. "Xavier is a liar, Enid. He is not necessarily wrong, but he is a liar. I never said that to him."

Enid raised her eyebrows. "But he's not wrong?! You don't wanna go on your date with Zachary anymore?!" She asked with great voice fluctuation.