34. Give Us a Try

"Gosh, I know Xavier's in love with you and all, but he really does have some obsessive tendencies," Enid sighed.

Wednesday stared at her best friend. "Xavier is not in love with me."

"Yes, he is!" Enid giggled. "He's all mopey dopey when you're not around and whenever you're around other guys who are flirting with you-" Enid fake coughed, "Tyler-" She fake coughed again, "Xavier gets superrr jealous and feisty. He's in love with you, Wednesday."

Wednesday blinked harshly. "You are only saying that because Xavier is over-protective of us because Tyler is around. You can not blame him- Tyler used me to frame him and get him arrested last semester."

"Oh my god. NO!" Enid shouted. If he was being over-protective, he'd probably be suspicious of you too, but he's not! HE LOVES YOU! AND YOU HAVE FEELINGS FOR TYLER!"

Once again, Xavier busted into the guest room.

"Okay, that's it, I know you two are talking about me and Tyler," said the artist. He flashed an angry glare at Wednesday. "And what the hell, Wednesday? You still have feelings for Tyler out of all people?!"

Wednesday stared non-emotively at Xavier. "No, I do not. Stop yelling. You will be kicked out of the house."

Enid glanced at Xavier then back at Wednesday. "See?! I told you! Obsessive tendencies!"

Xavier huffed and rolled his eyes, still staring at Wednesday. "Can I talk to you now?"

"Alright, I thought I told you two to--" Sheriff Galpin was caught off guard as he walked into the girl's room.

"Thorpe?! I just told you to leave these two alone. Do you have some obsession with one of them or something?" asked the sheriff.

Enid's eyebrows shot up. "See!" She exclaimed. "Even the sheriff knows he has a crazy obsession with you!" She told Wednesday.

"Look, I'm sorry, but--" Xavier tried to defend himself.

Mr. Galpin shook his head in shock. "Get out, son. Leave the two girls alone, for god's sake."

 He couldn't believe a second boy under his roof had a romantic obsession with Wednesday Addams.

Xavier reluctantly walked out of the room, and as he left the doorway, he turned back around to halfway face Wednesday. "I'm still gonna wanna talk to you later."

Wednesday stared. "I would expect nothing less."

...

A few hours later, the five runaways ate a family-style dinner with Sheriff Galpin.

He believed that if they were going to be staying in his house- and most likely for a long period of time- they might as well be forced to spend time all together at least once a day.

"So--uh-- Wednesday, how do you like it here?" asked Tyler.

Xavier flashed an angry glare at the hyde. 

"I have shelter, food, water, and a cot to sleep on. I do not need anything else to be satisfied," Wednesday replied.

Ajax shrugged. "It's a pretty nice place you've got here," he told Tyler.

Xavier nudged him with an elbow. He wasn't supposed to be becoming friends with the "enemy."

"What?" Ajax asked.

Xavier rolled his eyes in return. "Nothing," he mumbled to himself.

"What's your social media? We should definitely follow each other!" Enid told Sheriff Galpin.