30. Two Worlds Apart

"Wh-- What?" Xavier asked, shocked by his girlfriend's news.

Tears streamed down Mila's face as she told him, "We got in a really bad fight. He's sending me away tonight."

"How-- How can he do that? You've been doing everything he wants and--" Xavier began ranting.

"I know. I know, Xav. But my dad can't be persuaded easily," Mila sighed. "I don't know how I'm ever going to be able to see you again," She choked out.

Xavier shook his head, heaving out a deep sigh. "There's no way in hell he can do this. There has to be some legal child protection agency or something that can--"

"He's sending me away, Xavier. There's nothing I can do about it now. It's too late. Please don't be a hero. Just stay safe. My dad is up to something really horrible," Mila cried.

Xavier slowly nodded. "Believe me, Mila, I know."

"Are-- Is this-- Are we breaking up?" Mila asked.

Xavier's brows furrowed as his lips curled into a deep frown. "What? No way. We're going to figure this out Mils, and when we do--"

"But we won't figure it out. If this goes any further, my father may very well literally kill me. I can't take any more chances. I do love you, Xavier. You'll always be my first love. Maybe someday when this town isn't as evil-rooted, we can be together. But for now, we're a lost cause. There can't be an us anymore," The normie told the outcast.

Xavier shook his head in reluctance. "God, your dad must really be getting to you if you're giving up on us."

"I didn't want to, Xavier. I really didn't. Everything just seems to be the wrong time," Mila told him as her voice cracked.

Xavier sighed heavily once again. "But it doesn't have to be, Mila. Why can't you just give us one more chance?"

"It's too much to bear, Xavier. I can't be heartbroken over us while I'm living in a whole new world. I don't even know where my father is sending me. For all I know, he's probably planning on sending me across the sea like Laurel Gates," The girl cried.

Xavier frowned. "But there's another way. There's always another way, Mils."

"Not this time. I'm sorry, Xavier. This is goodbye," Mila dismally replied.

Xavier's jaw dropped as Mila hung up. 

He didn't even have the chance to say anything else.

"Why do you look like you just a phone call from someone telling you that you are going to have a violent death next week?" Wednesday asked Xavier as they walked together through the woods with Enid and Ajax trailing close behind them.

Xavier swallowed nervously as his face became increasingly pale. "That was Mila."

"What did she have to say that was so death-curdling?" Wednesday asked.

"She--" Xavier could hardly bring himself to tell her what had just happened. "She just dumped me."

Wednesday stared at him intensely as she replied, "You are letting your emotions take control of your entire body. Snap out of your pit of doom. We have a mission to accomplish."

Xavier looked at Wednesday, shaking his head with hurt in his eyes. "I literally just got dumped, and all you care about is your stupid mission! Do you even know how much trouble I've gotten in at school and with friends because of you?! Was this your entire mission?! To treat me like shit?! Because it's working pretty damn well!"

Wednesday glared at Xavier. "You are the one who was going to break up with Mila once the mission was complete, Xavier. Do not toss your inconsiderate jello words on me because you are angry at me for including you in the mission- even though you are the one who insisted to be a part of it."

"OH MY GOD! WOULD YOU TWO STOP ARGUING?!" Enid shouted.

She twirled around to face Wednesday. "HE'S FREE, WEDNESDAY!!! YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!" The werewolf clasped her hands together dreamily. "WAVIER CAN SAIL AGAIN!"

Xavier's face turned bright red as he listened to what the blonde had to say. "Enid, I wouldn't go as far as--"

"SHUT UP, XAVIER! YOU'RE LITERALLY IN LOVE WITH HER AND YOU NEED TO STOP DENYING IT!" Enid shouted back at him.

Ajax's jaw dropped as he listen to his girlfriend shout. "Uh-- Enid, I think Xavier might be right on this one. The dude literally just got broken up with."

Enid glared at her boyfriend. "THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO CHIME IN, AJAX! WEDNESDAY AND XAVIER CAN FINALLY LIVE THEIR HAPPILY EVER AFTER!"

Xavier covered his face with his hands and shook his head. "Oh my god. What is happening to my life?" He muttered.

"Enid, I am not going to date Xavier. He is an over-dramatic child who cannot function without a girl swooning by his side. He is in the highest levels of elitist snobs," Wednesday retorted.

Xavier's jaw dropped as he looked at Wednesday in denial. "Really? I'm right here."

"She has a good point, Xavier. You do seem pretty dang girl-thirsty," Enid agreed with a shrug.

Ajax snorted out a laugh. "Gosh, you two are brutal," He said, looking at Wednesday and Enid.

"We are double trouble," Enid said with a smirk.

Wednesday glanced at Enid humorlessly. "No, we are not."

"Oh come on! You can't say you don't wanna be with Xavier and be mean to me! That's too mean, Wednesday! I thought we were working on this!" Enid whined.

Xavier rolled his eyes at Enid. "Wednesday's as insensitive as you'll ever meet. What did you expect?"

Enid glared back at him. "Don't talk shit about my best friend like that!"

"Well, tell your best friend to not talk shit about me first," Xavier retorted back sarcastically.

"You truly are the highest form of an elitist snob," Wednesday muttered.

Xavier crossed his arms and shook his head. "God, give it a rest. I already know you have feelings for me. Enid doesn't shut up about it."

"Don't make me seem like a horrible best friend!" Enid said in defense.

"You are only worsening the way you make yourself look," Wednesday told Xavier.

"Can we just continue walking to wherever the heck we're supposed to be going?" Ajax intervened.

Xavier's jaw dropped in offense. "The way I look?! Goddamn it. That's low even for you, Wednesday."

"You act as if every girl should be honored to even glance at you. You are not some god. You are an extremely obsessive emotional teenage boy whose testosterone levels never stop escalating," Wednesday snapped back.

"OKAY, ENOUGH!" Enid shouted. "WE HAVE TO WORK AS A TEAM IF WE'RE GOING TO FIGURE OUT HOW THE HELL WE'RE GOING TO LIVE SINCE WE'RE WANTED FUGITIVES NOW!"

Wednesday stared intensely at Enid but listened to what she wanted.

Xavier rolled his eyes and wondered how Mila ended up being the one to break up with him.

Ajax went over and wrapped an arm around Enid.

Together, the four friends wandered through the forest, slowly toward their next destination.