21. The Kidnapped

"Wednesday, where were you?" Xavier asked as she walked over to the table he, Enid, and Ajax were sitting at for dinner.

"I had to take a bus into town for a business matter," Wednesday replied.

Enid rolled her eyes. "You already know why she went, Xavier. To break Zachary's bones."

Ajax's eyes nearly popped out of his head- which was a favorable thing for Wednesday to witness. "You broke Zachary's bones?!"

"Enid, do not mention that on your blog. Everyone will know I failed to get the job done," Wednesday muttered. 

"So... you half broke his bones?" Ajax asked.

Wednesday stared the snake down. "I did not go in town to break Zachary's bones."

"What did you do, Wednesday?" Xavier asked.

Enid frowned. "Xavier, stop interrogating her. It's offensive! Her dad had to go to prison for a few days last year!"

Xavier choked on his water. "Like Wednesday could ever get offended."

"Everyone can get offended," Enid pouted.

"Listen to Enid, Xavier," said Wednesday," and stop interrogating me. We have bigger problems to face."

Xavier frowned. "Why's it such a big secret?"

"It is not a secret. I simply do not want people to know what happened. They would think I have no cruelty," Wednesday muttered. 

Xavier gave her a That's literally impossible kind of look. "Come on, Wednesday. It's not like any of us are gonna spread rumors or anything."

"If you are so desperate to know, I broke up with Zachary," Wednesday said quietly.

Xavier went silent.

Ajax looked down at the table, not wanting to say anything stupid.

Enid's face broke into a smile as she began jumping up and down, clapping gleefully. "Oh my god, finally! It only took you a month and a half!"

"Enid, come on. She just broke up with the guy. You need to calm down," Xavier muttered.

Enid glared at him. "Do not use Taylor Swift's words against me, Xavier Thorpe."

Xavier rolled his eyes. "I'm sorry, Wednesday."

"Do not be a fool. I broke up with him. He was bawling like an abandoned infant when I left him," Wednesday replied.

Xavier shook his head and shrugged. "Yeah, but I can't imagine you're feeling totally great right now."

"Apparently, you have never met me," Wednesday muttered.

Enid threw her arms hysterically around Wednesday, squealing. "I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! LET'S GO CELEBRATE, BESTIE!"

Xavier shook his head, chuckling. "A breakup isn't exactly a good thing to celebrate."

Enid frowned back at him with her hands on her hips. "Shut up, Xavier."

She then turned back to her best friend, pulling her way. "Come on, Wednesday! We can go get double chocolate cake to celebrate!!"

"You're seriously going?" Xavier asked Wednesday.

"There is reason to celebrate. You don't have to come. You can continue your pity party and dwell in your lake of tears," Wednesday replied.

As Wednesday began walking away, Enid stood back for just a second and looked over at Xavier. "Actually, you're not invited. No boys allowed," She giggled.