Shadows that came from the Light

{Akio's place. His POV}

I groggily wake up to the sound of my doorbell ringing constantly as I struggle out of bed. Once I painfully sat up on it, I slowly stood up before walking to my door and opened it up. I looked to the person who was constantly ringing the doorbell to see it was actually Glynda. As I stared at her confused, she looked at me horrified and concerned.

I checked what she was staring at to find that I was still in the clothes I was wearing last night, along with multiple bruises and even checking my neck to find that the bite marks were there too. She quickly held my face and checked around it, seeing that I even had some ash on my face from the fire I took from the Kapre Demonyo.

"What did this to you? I've been trying to contact you since this morning! I even tried to call Kenji but even didn't know what happened to you!" She exclaimed. I heard the usual stern tone in her voice, but it also had a mix of worry and fear with it. I just asked her to follow me as we reached my bed which I sat on.

"Now, can you please tell me what happened after the movie?" She immediately asked as she sat down next to me. I looked back at my hands as I recounted what happened last night.

"There was this thing staring at me... Some creature on a tree branch. When I went to check it when you were all gone, I found out that it was actually a Grimm and attacked me. It started growing so I turned into Gaia to stop it but, it just beat me up before taking some of my blood." I explained to her. I showed her my neck as she traced along the fang marks.

"For some reason, all it wanted was my blood and it left right after it got enough. I'm pretty sure that's not a good sign..." I told her. She sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose before gently pushing me back into bed.

I was confused and tried to go back up until she told me why.

"You're injured. Just rest for now, even if that thing does come back, you'll be ending up worse than you already are. I'll go check up on Kenji for you, don't worry." Glynda said. I complied and just laid back down, eventually merging with the ground as the room brightened while Glynda looked away to call Kenji.

When she looked back after the light died down, I had disappeared already. Now I'm going to take a nice long rest.

{An apartment in Vale. Kenji POV}

Ever since that encounter with that Grimm, I've just been resting. I decided to materialize into my human form just so I could let Akio know but he hasn't answered anything on his scroll...

Glynda realized the same thing and contacted me if he had said anything, only for me to admit that he hadn't responded to me either. Since I was still pretty wounded from the attack, I let her confront Akio.

'Whatever that thing was, I'll need to try to learn how to counter it if we ever meet again.' I noted in my head. I realized that Akio might have dealt with something like that himself. 

I looked to my wound which I had bandaged. 'Why did it take my blood? It could've killed me there but...' I wondered. Then it hit me.

"Salem's trying to make something from our blood. Is she trying to make a new Grimm from it? I have to tell Akio and Ozpin." After telling myself that, I started walking out the door to my apartment while contacting Akio.

"Please, pick up." To my relief, he did after a few seconds.

"Kenji? I'm kind of recovering from an attack so I really need to rest right now." Akio's voice said from my scroll. I looked shocked as my hand shook in realization.