Chapter 1. Emilia

“I screwed up".
Mia said while looking at me with horror in her eyes.
“What did you do this time?"I ask her.
“You wouldn’t want to know." She nervously bit her lip.
“Oh…just tell me already. I’m dying to know what happened with your date this time."
“Alright … so the date was going okay… but then I started to ask him stupid questions about his family and I didn’t know he had such a ridiculous temper. He said he wouldn’t want to be with someone who ask that much questions and then he stomped off the restaurant”.
She was looking at me like a girl who’s been dumped.
“Oh my God. That is really sad. It was your fifth date this month and you messed up again. I gotta give you some dating advice”.
I wink at her while grinning.
“Oh please Emilia, You’ve never dated someone in your life because of your career and your father. And you’re talking about giving me dating advice”.
She laughed sarcastically. I just roll my eyes on her comment.
It’s not like I never dated someone because of my career or my father. I was never interested in dating. And besides, Mia is my childhood friend from School time. She and Alicia know me more than anyone.
“Anyways. I’m going. I have to go to do my job. I’ve got a lot of patients to deal with today. We’ll talk about this tomorrow at the café near the park, Bye. Love you." I got up from the chair.
“Yeah I know how much of a workaholic you are. I’ll tell Alicia to meet us tomorrow. Bye Emy. Love you."
We hugged and then I got back to the hospital and in my office.
Evening.
I was going through my office drawer to find my purse. Eventually I found it. I opened it and take out my hospital card. Just as I was about to close the purse I found the picture I’ve been adoring all these years. While I was staring and smiling at it ,my phone started to ring. It was my mother.
oh shit! I’m late for dinner again. Dad would be really mad.
“Hello mom”.
“Hi Emy. You know what did I call you for. Don’t you?"She ask.
“Yeah I know I’m late. I’m on my way. I’ll be there in fifteen minutes”.
“Okay then drive safe. I’m waiting. Bye sweetie. Love you”.
“Bye, love you mom”.

I arrived home exactly after fifteen minutes. Dad was looking at me with a face full of questions.
“Hey, dad. Let me tell you first, The patient was in a very critical condition. I had to treat him myself. I’m sorry”. I said with an apologetic tone.
“Don’t worry I was just concerned about you. Anyway I have something to tell you."
“What is it”? I said while serving myself the delicious food.
“My bestfriend from childhood who is also my business friend is coming to visit me and my family and I expect you to be here by seven o’clock, Sharp." he raised his eyebrow to let me know that he's bloody serious.
“Alright. I’ll try my best to come home on time."
“Good." He said while smiling and I returned that smile.