Chapter 46. Emilia

AFTER FIVE MONTHS.
“Emilia dear, you should go and sit, the maids can do this.” Auntie Agnes said as I took the tea cups and placed them on the tray.
“It’s nothing.” I smiled.
We were at Hadrian’s parents house. Because, today they’ll fix the date of Vincent’s wedding. He’s going to marry the love of his life. Rachel. I’m happy for him. Everyone was in the living room.
When I entered the living room every one was talking and laughing.
Rachel is very nice. She’s got red hair and blue eyes.
“Sister in law, you work too much.” She smiled as she took the tea cup.
“Don’t call me that. It’s too formal.” I smiled back.
I sat with Olivia.
Lucy was in her arms playing happily but when she saw me she open her arms to let me know that she wants me to pick her up.
Olivia gave her to me as I sat her down on my lap.
“She’s your fan, Emy. I wish you were my babysitter.” Olivia said as she drank her tea.
I laugh.
Hadrian was talking with his father and Rachel’s father and Vincent.
“Hadrian?” Olivia called him as he looked up from his phone.
“Yeah?”
“I and Alex are going on a date tomorrow.” She said as she took a sip.
“So?” he raised an eyebrow.
“I want to drop Lucy at your house. Is that okay?” she asked.
“Yeah. It’s fine. Besides, Emilia loves to spend time with her.”
“Hmm…I’ve noticed that Emy’s baby fever is getting worse, so when are you giving my sister in law a baby?” she asked as she winked at me.
My eyes wide open. I look at him and he was smiling.
He was smiling at me and I was blushing hard.
Now everyone was smiling and looking at me. I blushed and laughed nervously.
“She’s right Hadrian, I have a grandchild from my daughter but now I want a grandchild from my son.” Auntie Agnes smiled as she sat down on the couch.
“Why not?” he smirked.
My cheeks were on fire. This is so embarrassing. Oh God. He’s such a pervert.
“So, when will you guys drop her off?” I tried to change the subject.
Olivia laughed like she understood that I don’t want to talk about this.
“Tomorrow Afternoon.”
I nodded.
THE NEXT DAY.
“What’s the report?” I asked Dr. Annie as we walked to her office.
“I haven’t seen it though.” She said as she smiled at me.
I bit my bottom lip as we sat down and she pulls out a file from her drawer.
“Dr. Emy, you’re so nervous. Calm down.” She laughed as she opened the file and read the reports.
I was staring hard at her and the file.
“Tell me. What’s in it?” I asked feeling adrenaline rushing in my body.
She smiled and looked at me.
“It’s positive.”
My eyes widened. It’s positive? God… I’m pregnant? I’m pregnant. I’m gonna be a mommy. I can’t keep my happiness.
I stood up from the chair and started walking fast here and there when dr. Annie rushed towards me and make me sit down.
She laughed.
“So, You’re happy?” she asked.
“I’m dying of happiness. God… Annie you don’t know how bad I had a baby fever.”
She smiled.
“Will he like this?” she asked.
My smile dropped.
“I… I don’t know… maybe he will.. I never saw him talking about babies to me.”
She nodded.
“Don’t stress. You’re a doctor and you already know the hazards of stress.”
I smiled.
“You have to come next week for the appointment.”
“I will.”
I smiled. I can’t stop smiling. But the thought that Hadrian will like this news or not makes me nervous. I mean…   he loves me. He loves me more than anything in the world. So he’ll love our baby more than me. I planned to tell him this news tomorrow at the event. At Alicia’s wedding. Everyone would be there. I sighed nervously when I received a text from Hadrian saying that he was here to pick me up.
When I exit the hospital Hadrian was leaning against the car and was on his phone. He looked up at me and his face lights up. I hugged him. When I was hugging him I saw that same black fancy car. I frowned. The windows were all black so I couldn’t see if someone was sitting in it. I shrugged it off.
“Let’s go.” Hadrian said as he opened the car door for me.