Chapter 42. Emilia

“Emy, What toppings do you want on your pizza?” Mia asked as she hold her phone away from her ear.
“BBQ, Mushrooms, bell peppers, onions and black olives” I said as I laid down on the couch.
“Your taste buds never change.” Alicia said as she changed the TV channel.
“Yeah. I’ve always liked these toppings.” I said as I smiled and watched Lucy crawled towards me.
“The pizza’s coming in ten minutes.” Mia said as she joined us.
I nodded as I hold Lucy in my arms and kissed her chubby cheeks.
She giggled and I kissed her cheek again. She giggled harder this time. She’s getting to know me. I smiled.
“Emy, your baby fever is getting worse. I think you should ask Hadrian to give you a baby.” Olivia said as she smiled and put a potato chip in her mouth.
I blushed.
“I don’t want a baby.” I said as I kissed Lucy again.
“You clearly want it. Look you’re blushing so hard when I mentioned that.”
“No… it’s just… that I love Lucy. She’s my niece and I love to play with her.” I said as Lucy put her head on my chest.
“She denies it but she’s obsessed with babies. I’ve caught her watching baby videos several times.” Alicia said to Olivia and they laughed.
I smiled and ignored them and kissed Lucy’s head as she sleeps on my chest. Just then Olivia took her phone out and take a picture of me with Lucy on my chest.
“What are you doing?” I asked.
“Sending it to Hadrian.” She said as she typed something on her phone.
“Why?” I asked as I moved a little to take a look on her phone.
“Because he asked what are you doing and asked for a photo.” She smiled.
I blushed.
“don’t send him.” I said.
“Too late. He had already seen it.” She said.
“Did he replied?” I asked.
“He sent a heart emoji.” She said. I blushed.
“Guys… I want to tell you something.” Mia said as she hid her face in her palms.
“What?” Olivia and Alicia both said at the same time.
“He talked to me.” She said.
“Who?” we asked giving her our full attention.
“Ian.” She blushed.
“Oh. My. God. Give us the full detail.” Alicia said while sitting straight.
Mia took a deep breath.
“That day after Hadrian’s birthday party, he dropped me home and asked for my number.” She said as she puts her hand dramatically on her chest.
“And then?” Olivia asked.
“And then he—” her phone rang.
“It’s him! It’s him!” she tried not to shout with excitement.
Alicia and Olivia sit up. Lucy was still on my chest so I couldn’t.
“Put it on speaker.” Alicia said.
Mia nodded.
“Hello?” Ian said.
“Hi.” Mia said like she’s being shy.
Me, Olivia and Alicia giggled.
She made a face and mouthed, “Shut up, guys.”
We nodded.
“I was busy. What did you called for?” she said as she looked at us.
“I wanted to ask something.” He said.
“What?”
“Would you go on a date with me this weekend.” He asked.
Mia pretended to think, “Umm… Yeah. why not?”
“Great.” Ian said as he said her goodbye. And Mia jumped with excitement after that.
“Shh, she’s sleeping.” I said.
Just then the door bell rung. It was the delivery boy. We spent the night talking and eating and laughing. Just when I was about to sleep my phone buzzed. It was a text.
I wanted to sleep but I check it… in case it was something important.
I checked it and the text was from an unknown number I opened the chat and then I regretted it instantly.
My heart stopped beating and my hands turned cold. Tears were blurring my vision. After that I wasn’t abled to sleep.