Chapter 38. Emilia

NIGHT TIME.
When I entered the bedroom I noticed how elegant it is. There was a fire place too. It was December so it was cold. But the room was warm. I noticed that the white bedsheets were gone. Instead there were brown ones.
“I told them to change it.” Hadrian said as he took of his jacket.
“Why?” I asked confused.
“Because you don’t like white bedsheets.”
I remembered. But… how does he know that? He knows everything about me.
I was setting the pillows boundary again when he grab the pillows.
“What are you doing” I asked.
“We’re married, Mia cara. Stop doing this now.” He said making a face that tells he’s annoyed.
“You know that it’s an arrange marriage, right?” I said trying to take pillows back from him.
“Not for me, though.” He smirked.
Of course, not for him.
“But—”
He cut me off by grabbing me by my hand and pulled me towards him. Now we were dangerously close.
“No more buts. I won’t eat you. I promise. I just want cuddles.”
He pulled the blankets above us. I hate to admit this but… I felt safe with him. His arms were so protective. But it can’t change the fact that I hate him.
My heart was beating fast by his closeness. I wonder if he heard it’s sound. He slowly held my wrist and placed his thumb on my pulse.
A devilish grin appeared on his face. Why does he always feel my heart beat on my pulse and why the hell do I find it so attractive? I hate him.
“Calm down, Mia cara. If you won’t… I think your heart would explode.”
He kissed the side of my forehead and then my cheek and then the corner of my lips. I closed my eyes tightly.
My breathing was getting heavy.
“Hadrian.” I whispered.
“Yes, sweetheart?”
“Stop.” I said before he could go any further.
“What if I won’t?”
“Then I’ll not sleep with you on the bed.”
He sighed.
“Damn… it’s so hard to not kiss you while you’re in my arms.”
“Okay, then. I’m going on the couch.” I said as I moved a little. He pulled me towards him strongly.
“No. Sleep here. I won’t do anything.”
I smiled.
His arms were around me and his face was in my neck. His breathing tickling my skin. I moved to face him and now we were staring at each other. His green eyes looks beautiful even in dull light. They had a hint of golden sparkles in them.
“Whose eyes you’ve gotten?” I asked.
“My mother’s. And you?”
“Mine are a mixture of my both parents.” I said.
His facial expressions looks like he’s seeing a museum full of art.
I blushed.
“You stare too much at me, Hadrian. Give me a reason why you do that.” I asked.
“When I see you, the world… it stops. And all that exist for me is you and my eyes staring at you. There’s nothing else. No noise, no other people, no thoughts or worries, no yesterday, no tomorrow. The world just stops and it is a beautiful place and there’s only you. Just you. And my eyes string at you. When you’re gone, when the world starts again and I don’t like it as much. I can live in it but I don’t like it. I just walked around in it and wait to see you again and wait for it to stop again. I love it when it stops. It’s the best thing I’ve ever known or felt, the best thing. And that, is why I stare at you.”
I blinked in surprise. I can’t describe the feeling that I’m feeling right now…
“You’re such a flirt.” I said as I closed my eyes and smiled.
“Just for my wife.” He said and I felt him pressing a kiss on the tip of my nose.
I smiled. And then I realized that I hate him. I hate him. And I hate him. But why do I hate him? Do I even hate him?
“You’re hugging me too tight Hadrian, I can barely breath.” I said.
He loosened his grip on me a little but not too much.
“I can’t tell you how grateful I am to have you.” He said as he looked at me.
I suddenly begun to remember all the moments I had with Vincent. How he used to say he can’t tell me how grateful he is to have me and now it isn’t there anymore.
A tear rolled down my cheek. I felt him wiping my tear. I opened my eyes and saw him looking at me with softened eyes.
“Do you miss him?” he asked.
I hesitated. “No. I don’t miss him. I just miss the moments we had together.”
He nodded. But I can’t tell what he’s thinking. He’s hard to read.
“Hadrian?” I shift to face him. His hand was still intertwined with mine.
“Yes?”
“Don’t think too much. It’s over now. He isn’t in my life anymore.”
“I know.” He smiled at me. And I subconsciously touched his dimple on his left cheek.  When I realized what I’m doing I jerked my hand away.
“I’m sorry.” I said as I turned around to face the other side and closed my eyes with embarrassment.
“Don’t be sorry for touching me.” He said as he inhales into my neck.
I blushed.
After sometime I moved around and he was sleeping peacefully. I couldn’t helped but leaned in and kissed him on the cheek.
“I hate you but I feel safe with you… I don’t know why.” I whispered to myself.