Chapter 32. Emilia

“Emilia dear, you shouldn’t spent too much time in kitchen.” Donna said as she washed the fresh fruits.
“I like to cook with you. It isn’t a big deal.” I said as I sit on the counter.
She smiled. “So, did you remember anything about hotshot?”
“No. Still nothing.” I said as I ate a strawberry.
“Should I tell you about his likes and dislikes?”
I beamed. “Yeah, why not? He never talk about himself.” I said.
“First of all, he’s allergic to strawberries and his favourite fruit is kiwi.” She said.
Allergic to strawberries?
A naughty idea popped in my head. I smirked.
Just then her phone rang. She picked it up.
“Yeah, bring them in.” She said as she made a face that tells she’s anxious.
“Did I told you it’s his birthday today?” she asked as she hurried to get things done.
“No.” I replied.
“He usually celebrate it with his friends in club but today he’ll be late because of his work and I don’t think he’ll celebrate it.” She said.
I think about it.
“Let’s celebrate it in here.” I said as I stood up.
“But we hadn’t done much. I already ordered the decorators but what about the cake?.”
“Don’t worry about the cake.”
I hurried to the bedroom and took my phone and purse. As I got out I said to Donna, “please, don’t tell him where I am, we’ll give him surprise.”
“But, he’ll be angry if something happened to you. He always and daily ask me about where you are.” She said.
I smiled.
“Nothing would happen. I’m going with the driver. And besides I have my phone. I’ll be fine. Please.” I pleaded.
She nodded.
I got out and sat in the car.
“Where to, Mam?” the driver asked.
“ ‘Batter and Crumbs’ bakery.” I said as I beamed.
We reached there. I ran straight in the bakery.
“Mia! Mia!” I shouted.
She came to me running over out of the counter. She looked panicked.
“What happened? Are you okay? Is someone chasing you? Did Hadrian did something to you?” she said all that in one breath.
I giggled.
“No, stupid. I’m here because it’s his birthday today and I wanted to buy a cake from your bakery.” I said.
She raised her eyebrow. “So… our Emy is finally falling for that psycho?” she teased.
“No. It’s not like that. I just wanted to celebrate his birthday. I admit that he’s my enemy but I can give him a moment of happiness. Right?”
She whistled and smiled.
“Are you going to make it or not?” I asked as I made an annoying face.
“Of course, I am.” She said as she started to bake a fresh cake.
“What’s his favourite color?” she asked as she opened a cabinet of food colors to mix in the cake frosting.
I bit my lip with embarrassment. “I don’t know…”
“Are you serious, Emy? You’re his wife and you know nothing about him. Not even his favourite color. That’s ridiculous.” She said as she shook her head and  made a face.
“Don’t blame me. Maybe…., maybe it’s pink or blue?” I guessed.
“I don’t think so.." she said as she pick out darker shades of food colors.
“Wait. I’ll ask Donna.” I said as I took out my phone from the purse and dialed her number.
She picked up.
“Are you okay, Emilia?” she asked.
“I’m fine. I wanted to ask what’s his favourite color?” I asked.
“It’s Maroon but we’re also doing golden theme with it.” She said.
“Ok, thank you.” I said as I was about to hung up.
“Hotshot just called me to ask about you.” She said.
“What did you said then?” I asked.
“I said that you were in your room.”
“Good. I’m just coming.” I hung up.
Mia made the cake. It was beautiful. It had one golden layer and one maroon. She begin to decorate the cake with edible roses.
“Wow.” I said looking at the end results.
She beamed.
“What old did he turned today, by the way?” she asked raising her eyebrow.
“Twenty Six.” I replied. He’s three years older than me.
“I thought you didn’t even knew his age.” She laughed.
I rolled my eyes.
“You have to come at the party. Understand?” I said to her.
“I definitely will.” She grinned.
Driver put the cake in the car carefully. I sat in the car and called Olivia.
“Are you free today?” I asked as she picked up.
“Yeah, why?”
“You have to come then. I’m planning a surprise birthday for him.”
“Aww, how romantic. I’ll definitely come.” She said with a soft voice.
“And also bring Lucy and your husband with you.”
“Yeah, I will.” With that I hung up and called Alicia to come too. I dialed Ian number which I got from Donna. He said he was already coming there with Hadrian because of some work. I told him not to told about this to Hadrian. He said he won’t. I told him to bring some of his other friends too. He was excited.
I smiled. Will he be happy? I don’t care if he won’t. Because it can’t change the fact that I hate him.
In midway I saw a gift shop. I told the driver to stop and wait for me. I’ve never bought a gift for a man before. I didn’t even knew what to bought. So I bought a lots of gifts.
When I returned home the living room was fully decorated. There were golden and maroon balloons everywhere and golden fairy lights hanging around. And in lettering balloons attached to the wall that says, Happy birthday. There were also every kind of refreshments on the table beside the cake.
I smiled. It looks good. After half an hour, guests begin to gather. I was still in my simple dress when Alicia said, “Emy, you should go and get ready.”
I looked at me down. “I am ready..?” I said nervously.
“You aren’t. Go and wear something classy. I’ll do your makeup.” She said as she pushed me in the closet.
I took out the dress he bought for me yesterday. The fact that it was golden made me smile. It was a sheath dress.
Alicia did my makeup. And we fight for 15 minutes on what lipstick to wear.
“I’m telling you. Pink will look good.” I said as I pick the pink one.
She grabbed the red one.
“Emy. I’m a makeup artist and I know better than you. Pink never goes with golden. Red will look stunning with golden.”
At last she made me wear the red one.
Now every one was sitting in the living room When Ian arrived.
“He’s coming guys. He’s coming.” He said trying not to shout. We turn of the lights. I giggled. It’s exciting.