Chapter. 18. Hadrian.

I kissed her. Without warning. Without permission. Without even deciding to do it. But simply because I couldn’t have done anything else. I needed that breath she was holding. It belonged to me and I wanted it back.
Her inexperience told me that, that was her first kiss.
But sadly it wasn’t my first.
One day she’ll ask it and I’ll be damned to tell her that.
I wasted my first kiss when I was drunk.
But with Mia cara now, it felt like my first kiss too.
The way I felt when I kiss her, like fire within my bones, like my soul has returned to the water, like every part of me that came from a dead star…. Is alive again.
I was thinking about her the whole time I was driving home.
I will definitely make her remember me. It will take some time but I will succeed. But… about Vincent…. What would I do?
He’ll be hurt when I’ll take my Mia cara from him.
He doesn’t even know that she’s mine. 
Thank god it was just an engagement not a wedding.
But still… it feels like hell.
I parked my car.
I was about to go inside when I noticed Vincent sitting in the garden. I walked to him. I sat with him.
“Hey, Vince.” I said while taking out a cigarette and lighting it.
“Hey. Where were you?” he asked me.
“At Ian’s” I lied.
“Oh… you were acting really strange today, what happened?  He asked.
“Yeah… I was just tired. What about you? Happy to be with Emilia? I asked.
“Yeah. After Rachel left, no one made me feel any thing. There’s something special about her.”
Mia cara is definitely special.
And speaking of Rachel, Rachel is Vincent’s ex girlfriend. Vince loved her so much but she broke up with him and left him because of her parents. Her family was rich and wanted Rachel to marry someone of their choice. But Rachel wanted to marry Vince. Her parents were against Vince in spite of our wealth. So, her parents make her broke up with vince. The story ends. He didn’t search for her because of their promise of not looking for each other. They didn’t contact after that.
“Where did you met Emilia?”
He smiled.
“I bumped into her in a coffee shop and you know what? I didn’t knew that she was dad’s friend’s daughter and that we were going to met her family that same day. Sometimes coincidences are worthy.”
Oh….so that’s the story. But in this matter this coincidence was not something I would have let happened if I was here.
“So, does she know about Rachel?” I ask.
“No. I don’t want to bring her into Emilia’s life. She won’t like my past, probably.”
I know her. And yes. She won’t like to be the second in his life.
“Vince…. Do you…. Love her? I asked that question with a lot of bravery. I don’t know if I’ll be able to endure the answer.
Vince looked at me, then at the moon in the dark sky.
“Is it that obvious?” he smiled.
That was it. My heart was racing.
“More than you loved Rachel? I asked, calming myself.
“I don’t know.” He said with hesitation.
“Anyways, wish me luck. The wedding is going to held soon.” He said glancing at me.
“Why so soon?” I asked almost choking.
“”Her father said that he doesn’t want to delay the wedding.” He said calmly.
I don’t like her father. She’s so good to be his daughter. He doesn’t deserve her. He always seems to force her into things she doesn’t want to do.
“I’m going to sleep. Goodnight. It was so good to talk to you after a long time.” He said while getting up.
“Good night.” I said.
I throw the cigarette on the ground and crushed it with my shoe.
Now that I know that he loves her…. It will be so hard to get her back. But maybe…. Not so hard.