Chapter 41. Emilia

“We’ll come there soon when you’ll give us the good news.” Grandma said as she hugged Me.
“Good news?” I asked confused.
“Yes, Baby news.” Grandpa Cleared my confusion while smiling.
I blushed and looked at Hadrian who was already looking at me and smiling. He intertwined my fingers with his.
“And Ryan, take care of your wife. You’ve found a gem.” She said as she hugged him.
“I will.”
We bid them goodbyes and took off from the airport.
It was a long flight.
When we reached home and I got in the shower. He was downstairs.
When I got out the shower he was working on the laptop. And talking about work. An online meeting.
He looked up and smiled at me when he saw that I was only wrapped in towel. He was just looking at me even though he was in an online meeting.
“Boss, are you there?” A man’s voice come from the laptop.
He looked down at the laptop “Yeah, yeah I’m listening.”
But his eyes were on me again. I chuckled.
A naughty idea came into my mind. I smirked and danced to the dressing table to get the hairbrush, even though I didn’t needed it. His eyes never leave me. Then I wink at him and danced to the closet to get my clothes while dancing around.
He ended the call with, “We’ll talk later about this. I have something important to do.” And closed the laptop and come running towards me. I giggled and closed the closet door on his face and locked it.
“Mia cara, open the damn door.” He said as he smiled and stood against it and tried to unlock it.
“I can’t. I’m changing.” I teased.
“It’s not like I haven’t seen you naked before. Now stop teasing me and open it.” He said. I blushed.
“No. I’m shy.”
“Why do you have to be shy around me?”
“Because…your stare makes me shy.” I said as I changed and got out.
Just when I got out he crashed his lips on mine and pinned me against the door. His kiss send shivers down my spine. My phone rang and I tried to get there to pick it up but he didn’t let me. I giggled.
“My phone is ringing.”
“Let it ring.” He said as he kissed my neck.
“God…you’re obsessed with me, Hadrian.”
“I’m your husband and I’m allowed to be obsessed with my wife.”
I blushed and giggled.
I moved a little by little with him holding me and finally picked up the phone. It was Alicia.
“What?” A moan escaped my mouth as I said that, my eyes widened, I looked at Hadrian and he was smiling.
“You’re moaning?” Alicia asked on the phone.
“No, I’m not. It’s just… I hurt my knee so it sounded like I was moaning.” I lied.
He smirked.
“Let’s see if you’ll be able to talk normal.” He whispered as he bit my neck and slipped his one hand under my shirt and on my waist.
I tried to pushed him away but he was so strong. God… this is so ridiculous. I’m dying. I couldn’t even focused on what Alicia was saying.
“Yeah, I’m coming.” I bit my lip from moaning again.
I blushed so hard that my cheeks were hurting and felt butterflies dancing in my stomach.
“You’re ridiculous. Hadrian, I have to go.” I said as he trail kisses on my face.
“Where? On the bed?” he smirked.
I laughed. “No! I’m going to Alicia’s home.”
He stopped and looked at me with serious expression.
“Why?”
“Alicia has planned a sleepover at her house because her wedding is close and she wants to spend time with us.” I said.
He made an annoyed face.
“Us?” he asked skeptically
“Me, Olivia and Mia.”
“I don’t care about what your friends had planned, you’re not leaving tonight.” He said as he kissed me again. I chuckled.
“Please.” I pleaded.
“No.”
“It’s our last meetup before she’ll get married and besides… you can continue this later when I’ll come back. Please, darling.” I said with puppy eyes. Whenever i say darling he melts.
He sighed and looked in my eyes.
“Okay. I’ll drop you there.” He said as he wore his jacket.
“You don’t have to, you should do your office work which you left for ‘something important.” I teased while laughing.
He smiled and closed his eyes. “Don’t tease me, Mia cara. Or I’ll not let you go.”
I laughed.
I was applying my lip gloss when I said to him, “Can you please pass me my purse and put my phone in it too.”
I was seeing him from the mirror picking up my purse and putting my phone in it. He was about to close the purse when he stopped and took out something from it. He smiled. Why is he smiling?
“What happened?” I asked as I turned around.
“Who is this?” he asked me while showing me the picture that was always in my purse.
I hesitated. “I don’t know… I found it in my journal after I lost my memories. And I liked it so I kept it in my purse.”
“It’s my childhood photo.” He smiled.
I blinked in surprise.
“What?” I whispered.
“It’s me, Mia cara. When I was with you in the past, we exchanged some of our photos so that we could remember each other by seeing them everyday. I have yours.” He said as he took out his phone from his pocket and separate it from it’s phone case. There was a photo card in it. He looked at the photo and handed it to me. It was… me. My high school picture. I remember this photo. My heart ached. Tears formed in my eyes. I looked up at him and he was smiling.
“Now, do you still think that we didn’t know eachother before you met Vincent?” he asked while coming towards me.
“But why did you left me then? Why didn’t you stayed here?” I asked as he locked me between his arms on the dressing table.
“I wanted to stay. I really wanted to stay here but you made me leave saying that I should follow my dream of going into military.” He said as he rest his forehead against mine.
“Then why did you left military?” I asked as I closed my eyes.
“Because. my training was complete and they wanted me to work there in Italy but I wanted you. So I choose to go after you. And when I came here I was in so much pain knowing what is going on here.” He said as he caressed my cheek.
I opened my eyes and looked into his emerald eyes.
“What if I forget you again?” I asked.
He inhaled and looked down. When he looked up in my eyes he replied, “Then I would go through all that pain again as long as I got you in the end.”
I smiled and his lips met mine in a passionate kiss. A kiss that I’ll never forget because how much pain it holds. A kiss of after knowing the truth.
“My lip gloss is all over your lips.” I chuckled.
“It tastes like… strawberry.” He said as he kissed me again.
I giggled.
After that we got out of the house and sat in the car.
We just sat there and he looked at me. He didn’t start the car.
“Is it important?” he asked like a child.
I chuckled. “It is. Now start the car or I’ll go by myself.” I replied.
“So… It means I have to spent the whole night without you?” he asked.
“Yes.”
“It would be difficult.” He said as he reversed the car.
I laughed.
I was on my phone texting them. When I looked up on the road I blink several times. “This isn’t the path to her home.” I said as I looked at him and he smiled.
“I know.” He replied.
“Then where are we going?” I asked confused.
“To eat ice cream.” He said as he glanced at me.
I smiled. “But I have to go to her home.”
“I’ll drop you there after that.”
He took me to an ice cream shop. It was a magical place. He knew about my favourite ice cream flavor. He knew everything about me. I think I chose the right person. And I’ve learned that Sometimes… we should let things happen the way they are going. I wish I could capture these moments and look back at them when we’re old.
After eating ice-cream he dropped me at Alicia’s house.
Just as I was about to get out he grab my wrist.
“What now?” I asked.
“My Goodnight kiss?”
I smiled and leaned in to kiss him.
But he didn’t let me go after that. “Now leave me.” I said.
He held my both hands. “We can still go home if you want.”
I chuckled. “No.”
He sighed.
“Okay then. Take care. I’ll come to pick you up tomorrow.” He said as he tightened my warm coat around me.
He kissed me one last time before he finally let me go. I walked towards Alicia’s home and rang the door bell. I looked behind and his car was still there. His eyes were fixed on me. I smiled and mouthed the words, “Go.”
He mothed the words, “I love you.”
I smiled and mouthed the words, “I love you too.” Before I entered the house.
I never thought I would fall for him. Never thought I would smile for him. But now… now I don’t think I can live without him. I wonder what my past was like? I really want to remember those memories I create with him in the past.