Chapter 37. Emilia

Next morning we took off from the airport to Italy.
There was a time when I used to feel uncomfortable around him and now here I am feeling safe with him. But it can’t change the fact that I hate him.
We arrived at his grandparents house. It was a huge and luxurious villa.
His family is so wealthy. I was nervous. They were standing at the entrance.
“Would they like me?” I asked him.
“Don’t worry. They’ll love you.” He assured me as he took my hand in his. I try to jerk my hand away from his but he didn’t let me.
“Why the hell are you touching m—” Grandma come towards us. And looked at both of us.
“Oh my…you’re such a perfect couple.” His grandma said while looking at us. She hugged us both.
“At this point I can say you’ve picked the right match for your self.” His grandpa said as we sit in the living room.
I blushed. They are so lovely.
“Liam and Ava would be here anytime.” His grandma said.
“My cousins.” Hadrian cleared my confusion.
Just then a boy in a hoodie came in view. He looks of about my age.
“Hey, hades.” He met Hadrian. Him and Hadrian doesn’t seem to be close.
I don’t know why but he gave me bad vibes.
“Hello, welcome home, sister in law.” He said while looking at me in a way I didn’t like. He had blue eyes.
“Hi and thank you.” I replied.
The maid came to serve us tea and a lot of different desserts.
“Now tell us how you got her.” Grandpa asked.
“I stole her heart.” He replied while taking my hand in his.
You stole my first kiss.
then my happiness.
And finally my life.
“Proprio come ho rubato il cuore di tua nonna.” His grandpa said while smiling.
I didn’t knew what that meant so I secretly took out my phone out of the purse and searched it.
It translates to: Just like how I stole your grandma’s heart.
I smiled.
“I can teach you Italian if you want.”
I looked up and saw him looking at my phone.
“Really?” I asked excitedly.
“Yes.” He smiled sincerely.
He looks handsome while smiling with those dimples.
When I looked at his grandma she said,
“Due to weather conditions here, we weren’t able to attend your wedding. We’re so sorry, Dear. Do you have the wedding pictures?
“Yes, I’ll show you.”
And just like that we were lost in conversation.
Liam was staring at me the whole time.
He’s such a creep.
I met Ava and she was the opposite of Liam.
She was lovely.
When I was in the kitchen preparing lunch with grandma it felt so wholesome. Now I know why he loves his grandparents so much.
“My daughter was just like you. Always helping me in the kitchen.” She said smilingly.
I smiled.
“Emilia dear?” grandma said.
“Yes?” I said while cutting vegetables.
“Are you in love with my Ryan?” grandma asked giving me her full attention.
I hesitated because I can’t say that I hate him in front of her.
“I don’t know, Grandma. It was an Arranged marriage for me. But, He’s always on my mind even if I don’t want him to be.”
“Ryan had always talked about you since when you two were younger. Trust me Emilia, I’ve never seen someone love that much madly to someone before.” she paused “And believe me, you are on his mind just as much he is on yours.” Grandma smiled.
Butterflies were dancing in my stomach. He was madly in love with me? Oh God. Now I want to know about my past so bad. Why did I forget it. I wished that accident never would had happened.
When the lunch was ready grandma told me to go and call my ‘husband.’
I was searching for him when I found him in the bedroom.
I paused.
Ava was with him.
He was smiling at her and she was tying his tie.
I felt a weird sensation in my heart.
They noticed my presence and Ava immediately took her hands away.
“Umm… I… lunch is ready.” I avoided eye contact with him. I ran from there.
When I was setting the dinning table he was leaning against the kitchen counter and was watching me.
Grandma was gone to call the other family members. So there was just me and him there.
I avoid contact with him after what I just saw in the bedroom.
“Emilia?”
He called me by my name. He rarely says my name.
I looked at him and he was coming towards me. I didn’t answered him.
“Can you please stop ignoring me? I’m going crazy.” He said leaning in. But I looked away.
He touched my chin and made me look at him.
“Are you mad at me?”
“No.” I said as I pull away from him and  placed the plates on the table.
He held my wrist.
“She was just tying my tie. She’s like my little sister.”
I looked in his eyes and It was crystal clear that he’s honest.
“I don’t care.” I said as I looked away. Why I’m even acting like an actual wife? I hate him.
“You do actually. You’re my wife. And I saw that you were… jealous.” He said teasingly while smirking.
I blushed when he called me his wife.
“I wasn’t jealous.”
“you were.”
I bit my lip from smiling.
“Don’t bite your lip, Mia cara.”
“Do you have any problem with it?”
“Yes.”
“what problem?”
“You bite your lips to stop your self from smiling but I want to see you smile. That’s the problem.” He said as he leaned in.
I smiled.
He smiled back.
Just then everyone came and we had lunch. It was mostly Italian cuisine. And to be honest it was delicious.