Chapter 11. Emilia

“Emy, I still can’t believe it. It was like yesterday when you said you didn’t want anyone in your life and now today you are getting engaged.” Mia said as she took a bite of donut.
“I know, guys… but don’t worry it’s just an engagement not my wedding. And it’s fine because I know him. When mom said she chose the perfect match for me.. I was worried it was someone I wasn’t going to spend my life with.” I said while applying a light lipstick.
Alicia snatched the lipstick from me.
“Don’t apply that pale lipstick. You should apply darker ones. Make him crazy for you.” She said while winking at me.
“Yeah. Alicia is right.” Said Mia smilingly.
She gave me a red lipstick.
“There is no way I’m going to apply that. We’re going on shopping not on a wedding.” I said while picking up the nude one.
“Emy, are you serious? That nude color?” She asked disappointed.
“Yes. I’m not applying that red one. It’s too dark.” I protest.
I applied the nude one.
“Girls, stop fighting over lipsticks. Vincent is here.” Mom said while coming in the room.
“Alicia and Maria, listen to me. It doesn’t matter how much she protests to get the simple dress. You girls have to make her buy the most beautiful dress and jewelry. I’m busy in preparations otherwise I would have come too. And the engagement is in their house. We’ll go there.” She said while going out.
“Yeah don’t worry, Auntie.” Said Mia.
Mia and Alicia were running out of the house to his car.
When we arrived, Alicia and Mia were already sitting in the back seats. And were motioning for me to sit in the front seat.
I did.
He was looking at me. I blushed.
“How are you?” he asked while smiling.
“I’m fine.” I said. When I looked behind at them, they were both smiling teasingly.
“Umm.. Vincent do you really like our Emy?” Mia asked.
“Yeah. Is there any doubt?” he said. While driving. I was so embarrassed.
Why are these two asking stupid questions.
“Emy how was your first date with Vincent?”
I glared at Alicia. Why is she asking me this question in front of him?
“It was good.” I said.
“It was so great with her.” He said while smiling.
My God. Just give me a hole to hide. He really is capable of making me blush just by his words.
“We are going at olive’s boutique. She asked me to take you there. Is there any problem?” He asked concerned.
“No. It’s good.” I said sincerely.
It was afternoon. The event is in evening.
We arrived at Olivia’s boutique. She was looking lovely as always.
“Oh hi, soon to be sister in law. Congratulations on your engagement." She said while hugging me.
My cheeks became hot.
“Thank you, dear but we aren’t engaged now. A Few hours are left.”
“It doesn’t matter. I’m so glad you’re becoming a member of our family. I have some perfect dresses for you. Just try them on.” She said.
The boutique looks really good today. It feels like she just stocked new dresses today. They all look so gorgeous.
“Emy, you should try this one.”
Alicia gave me a red dress.
“Alicia, why are you always picking red colored things?”
“Because I love red.” She said while looking at other dresses.
Olivia came with a grayish blue dress. It has beads and embroidery all over it.
“Emilia, you should try this one. Besides, it’s Vincent’s favorite color.
I blushed. He was looking at me. He was on his phone.
He was sitting on the sofa.
“No pressure, honey. Try whatever you want.” He said smilingly.
I took the grayish blue one and got into the changing room.
It was so heavy. But I was surprised by how beautiful it looked on me. Like it was made for me.
I got out of the changing room.