Chapter 22. Emilia

“So, what did you wanted to say to me, Dad?” I ask as I sit with him in his home library.
Dad put the book he was holding back in the shelf. And sat with me.
“How are you?” He asked while taking his glasses off.
“I’m completely fine.” I said.
“Great. Emilia.. Would you do me a favor?” he ask while shifting in his seat.
“What is it?” I asked while digging my nails into my skin. I’m nervous about he’s about to ask me this time.
“Can you please marry someone for your father?” he asked.
Marry someone? I haven’t even Recover from the trauma of the engagement. But I can’t deny him either. I never did. How would I deny him now? He provided me everything I ever needed. And now it’s my time to provide him his happiness.
With a heavy heart I responded, “with whom?”
Dad hesitated, “Martin’s older son, Hadrian.”
My heart exploded with frustration when I heard his name.
God…why him? It’s always him in everything.
I thought now that I’m not in Vincent’s life anymore I got rid of him. Turns out he is the one my father wants me to marry. Now… what should I do? I was silent when dad said,
“Emilia? It’s okay if you don’t want to. I respect your decisions. It’s just that he’s my childhood bestfriend and we always wanted to turn that friendship into relationship. And it’s not just friendship.. It’s about business too.”
“No. I’ll….. I’ll marry him.”  I said as I dig my nails further into my hands skin that i can feel the liquid blood on my finger nails.
My stomach twisted.
Agreeing to marry him is like signing up for living in hell.
“That’s my daughter.” He said as he took my hand and kissed it.
I sacrificed my feelings again.