Chapter 10. Emilia

I was heading to the hospital when mom told me to take a leave. She said she wanted to talk to me about something important.
“Mom, Tell me already what are you up to? “I asked while drinking coffee with her.
“Oh sweetie, I think you’d love it.” She said while settling down her cup on the table.
“You know today was an important meeting in the hospital but you didn’t let me go.” I said.
“Okay, Emilia. Now listen to me. What I’m about to tell you will change your life. And you have to accept it no matter what. It’s your father decision.” She said.
Mom rarely says my name. I think it is important whatever she has to say and I have to obey.
“Okay.” I said anxiously.
“Your father wants you to get marry now.” She said calmly.
“What did you just said?”
I stood up.
“Emilia, it’s your age now and we’ve found the best match for you that will... satisfy our business needs too.” She said.
“So you guys are making me get married because of your freaking business?” I asked furiously.
“No, sweetheart it’s not like that. We just want your happiness. And it’s not like we want you to get married immediately. Of course you’ll get engaged first so that you two can get to know each other.” She said.
“Okay… so what match did you guys found for me?” I asked while rolling my eyes.
“umm… you remember that handsome young boy that came in our house last month for dinner?” She asked while raising her eyebrow teasingly.
“you’re talking about Vincent?” I asked while blushing.
“yes. And I think you two are perfect for each other." She said satisfied.
“Mom… I think I need time.. Like.. Don’t you think it’s too early for both of us? I don’t think he’s ready..” I said nervously.
“Sweetie he’s the one who wanted to marry you.. I mean to engage you.” She said, not sure what to say.
I really can’t believe that it’s happening. I mean it’s too early. It’s like we both met each other yesterday.
“Alright…. So when did you guys decide the engagement date?” I asked while looking at the cup.
“It’s today, sweetie.” She said satisfied.
My eyes widened at the date.
“Mom, really? It’s too much early. We haven’t even done anything.” I said shocked.
“Emy, it isn’t the problem here. We just want you ready. And your father has already began the process.” She said.
“oh…so.. Does he know about it?” I said while getting up.
“who?” she asked.
“Vincent.” I said.
“Of course he knows. His mom and I fixed the date ourselves. His brother will also be home tonight. So we think it’s the best timing. And yeah, also tell your friends to come and you three can go for shopping. Vincent is coming to pick you guys up. Don’t forget to pick the most beautiful dress for your engagement.”
“Fine. I’ll see.”
I left for my room.
I called Alicia and Mia and told them about it all. They couldn’t believe it. Alicia’s wedding is coming soon. And here we are, preparing for my engagement.