Chapter 39. Emilia

THE NEXT DAY.
It was snowing outside. It was so majestic and astonishing. I’ve always liked snow. We were sitting in the living room. Their house has windows almost everywhere. It was warm inside. Grandparents were drinking tea and Hadrian was on his phone. I was bored. Ava was sleeping and I don’t know where Liam is… I’ve talked about a lot of things to grandparents but now I was hella bored. Maybe I miss working in the hospital.
“Hadrian?”
“Yes?”
“What are you doing?” I asked trying to peek.
“Business work.”
I sighed.
“Ryan, you should give some time to your wife. You’re always working. Look how tired she looks.” Grandma said to Hadrian as she took a sip of tea.
Hadrian looked at me with concern. “You’re tired?”
I smiled. “No, I’m bored.”
Grandpa chuckled. “Don’t take it serious Emilia dear, your grandma always exaggerate things.”
“I don’t.” Grandma gave Grandpa a death glare.
“Oh yeah. You don’t.” Grandpa said trying to act scared while reading his newspaper.
Hadrian looked at me and then outside through the glass windows.
“Let’s dance in the snow.” He said while getting up and putting his phone in his pocket. He can….left his work for me? I smiled. But it can’t change the fact that I hate him. He extended his hand towards me.
“But I thought you don’t dance.”
“ For you, I will.” He took my hands in his warm hands and kissed them. I blushed.
Grandma smiled and said to grandpa, “Aww, una coppia così adorabile!” and grandpa replied with, “Indeed.”
Hadrian took me in the snow. His one hand was on my waist and one was holding my other hand. We started to dance slowly. I was beaming. I actually love this.
“I’ve never danced in snowfall before.” I said excitedly.
“And I’ve never danced with you before.” He said as he spun me around.
“You have. At the cocktail party.” I reminded him.
“I don’t consider that a dance. I was angry at that time.” He said as he spun me around.
“What was grandma saying in Italian?” I asked him trying to change the subject.
“She was saying that we’re a lovely couple.” He said with his devilish grin.
“But we aren’t.” I said.
“Maybe we are.”
“We would never be a lovely couple. Because… I hate you.”
“You don’t hate me.” He looked pissed. I like the face he makes whenever I tell him that I hate him.
“I most definitely hate you.” I said as the dance come to an end.
Now I was grinning hard because of what I was thinking. I was backing up. He looked confused.
“What are you doing, Mia cara?” he seems to understand my actions. He start coming towards me stop me.
“Don’t you dare throw that snowba—Goddamit!”
The snowball hit him on his face. What a shot.
I was laughing hard when a snowball hit me too.
I looked and now he was the one laughing.
Grandpa and Grandma joined us in snowball fight.
It was so wholesome. Maybe… He is not much of a jerk.