Chapter 7. Emilia

“Are you serious Emy, did he just asked you out on your first meeting?” Asked Alicia.
“Yeah.. He seemed pretty interested in me.” I said while biting my lips to hide my smile in front of my colleagues.
“We have to meet him too, to see if he’s perfect for you.” Mia said.
“I’m going this Tuesday with him on a date.” I said.
“We’re so happy for you, Emy. You’ve finally decided to go on a date with someone.” Said Mia.
“But you have to come to meet me on Saturday. Remember I wanted to try some bridal dresses?” Alicia said.
“I’ll come. So did you and Ethan decided the date of the wedding? You guys have been dating for almost a year now.” I said.
“Yeah, I’ll tell you the date when we’ll meet at the boutique.”
“Vincent’s sister owns a boutique too. She didn’t came to meet me with Vincent. I’ll also get a chance to meet her. Let’s go there.”
“Okay then.”
I hung up. And I got down in the park of the hospital to inhale some fresh air. It was so good to see patients being happy and improving their health. Just as I was looking at the patients I had a strange feeling. Like someone was staring at me. But I shrugged it off.
The days passed by and I felt someone’s eyes on me every day. But when I looked around no one was looking.
SATURDAY MORNING.
I got to boutique and saw my friends trying wedding dresses. Both of them. I met Olivia there and she was so friendly and loving. I think we made a new friend.
Alicia was looking like a fairy in the white wedding gown that Olivia showed her. It was fit on her waist and loose gown all the way down. It also had a vape.
Olivia told me to try some of the dresses. But they were all so heavily embroidered. I still attempt to try them on. I liked a maroon (brown red crimson) Long Gown. And I liked it very much. It was my bridesmaid dress.
I feel that someone’s been watching me the whole time in the boutique too. I got chills just by thinking about someone stalking me. But I didn’t found anyone looking at my way except for a figure that vanishes as soon I looked at it.
Mia noticed me staring outside where I saw the shadow.
“What happened, Emy?” She asked looking outside.
“I think someone’s following me.” I said while experiencing goosebumps.
“It must be your imagination.” She shrugged it off.
Just as I was about to go and check who it was, Ethan entered through the door. I sighed.
“It was you.” I said relieved.
“What?” Ethan asked confused.
“Oh… it’s nothing.” I point towards Alicia and smiled “Your soon to be wife has picked out her beautiful wedding gown. Go see it.” I said to him.
“My Aliciaaa, I’ve missed you darling.” He said as hugged her.
And I went back to my thoughts.
I don’t know why but this boutique seems familiar to me. Like I have been here before. I just shrugged it off.