Part 32

(Reader POV)

The Night Of The Party

You stood on the deck above the pool watching as Paul and Evan shook hands with the guests that arrived in the backyard. You had spent the last two days with both men planning the rest of the party and helping Evan get the last minute supplies for the trip to New York he would need. Taking a sip of wine you made your way down the stairs stopping as Gene and his girlfriend, Shannon walked in the door. The bassist took off his sunglasses and looked you up and down making you self-conscious by the second. An arm wrapped around your waist and made you jump, as you turned to see Paul standing behind you.

"Gene and Shannon, welcome! This is my girlfriend and assistant, Y/N. Baby this is Shannon, Gene's long-time girlfriend." Paul said.

"Nice to meet you," you replied, holding your hand out

"Oh, you're the girl that gave my boyfriend her number on the first day of work. Let me make one thing clear missy, stay away from my man and stick with Paul." Shannon snapped before walking off.

Gene winked at you before smacking the singer's shoulder and walking off to follow his girlfriend. Paul pulled you to him and kissed your lips before hugging you tightly. You melted in his arms and took in his scent, loving the cologne he was wearing. The singer pulled away from you and lead you over to the makeshift dance floor. He took a bow as the band started to play one of Paul's favorite Motown songs. He pulled you close to his body as he moved the two of you around the dance floor. The singer took you by surprise by how gracefully he danced. You looked up to see people gathered around to watch the two of you.

"Eyes on me princess, don't worry about them okay? Its just you and me right now," Paul whispered.

"Okay" You whispered back

The singer leaned forward and kissed your lips before spinning you around and then grabbing you and dipping you to the ground as the song ended. The guest that had gathered around the dance floor clapped and you felt your face heat up in embarrassment as Paul took your hand and led you over to your table, pulling a chair out for you. You looked up to see the singer's ex-wife and Evan walking over to the table, with the teenager grinning at you just like his father did, but the older woman scowling at you as they approached.

"Hey, Y/N! This is my mom Pamela, mom this is dad's girlfriend Y/N," Evan said, as he pulled the chair out for his mother.

"So you are the new flavor of the week?" Pam asked, as she grabbed a glass of water.

"Pam, don't start, it's our son's going away party. Let's just relax and enjoy it." Paul replied as he wrapped his arm around your shoulder.

"She's almost our son's age, Paul! You should be ashamed of yourself." Pam said.

"I'm sorry. I need to go check on something upstairs." You started standing up..

"You can't do this Pam! You can't get jealous every ten years that someone new comes into my life. I tightened leave you. It was the other way around you crazy woman. So what if there is thirty years between us? I'm happy. We raised our son, and he is happy. The only person that isnt is you, So just move on." Paul yelled, grabbing your hand.

"Dad, wait, don't leave you through this party. You can't just run away." Evan called.

"Son, I just need a couple of minutes to cool off. I'm sorry this ruined your evening, but make sure you come find me before you leave so I can give you the going away gift." the singer replied.

Paul led you through the house and up the stairs to his bedroom, the two of you not speaking a word to one another, but you couldn't help but think the singer was going to break up with you and wanted to do it in private. He opened the bedroom door and waved for you to go in before he shut the door and locked it behind him.

"Sit down, we need to talk about something," Paul said, patting the seat next to him