Part 11

You were looking down at your phone, texting your best friend when the sound of the elevator doors opened. Without looking up, you stepped off the lift and felt your body collide with someone else, immediately feeling your red blouse become soaked with what smelled like black licorice. You looked down to see a blonde-haired man trying to pick himself up off the ground, holding a Monster energy can. The two of you made eye contact and you could see the panic written all over the man's face as he scrambled to his feet.

"I am so sorry. I got distracted and didn't see you coming out of the elevator. Are you okay?" the man said.

You pushed your phone into your purse and looked at the man. Letting out a groan as you pulled at your shirt, realizing the man that had just spilt his drink all over you was none other than Eric Singer. You felt the tears fill your eyes again, embarrassed by the interaction. You fanned your shirt, hoping you still had an extra one in the car.

"I'm guessing that you are paying me back for spilling coffee on Paul yesterday?" You said, stepping off the lift.

"Excuse me?" Eric asked, confused

"I am or was Paul's assistant and since you're his bandmate, I figured you were getting me back by spilling the worst energy drink in the world on me." You said, crinkling your nose up.

"Ahhh, you're the new assistant Gene and Doc were talking about," Eric said

"Was. I'm going to quit right now.I can't handle being screamed at over wanting to start work early." You replied, walking away from the drummer.

You walked down the long hallway, hearing footsteps behind you. Peeking over your shoulder, you saw the drummer following behind you with a huge grin on his face, making you confused and yet somewhat pissed off. Just as you reached the Human Resources office, Eric put his hand on your shoulder to stop you.

"Give me fifteen minutes of your time and then you can decide if you want to quit or not, okay? Paul's not mad at you. I'm guessing Doc was already talking to Paul when you got there, huh?" The drummer asked.

"Yup, what's this have to do with anything?" You replied.

"Come with me. Heather will need to give you approval for an extended break," Eric said, pulling you into the office.

"Wait... I was... just...." You stammered

Eric put his finger to his lips, telling you to be quiet, as continued to pull you through a hallway surrounded by closed office doors. You had planned to give your notice and just go home, knowing you had met your match with Paul. Heather looked up from her computer as Eric pushed you into the room and shut the door behind him. She smiled softly at you and rolled her eyes at the drummer as he took a seat on the corner of the desk.

"How's my best friend doing?" Eric asked.

"Tables are for glasses, not asses, Singer," Heather replied.

"I need you to give Y/N approval for a longer break. She wants to quit because Paul is being a douchebag and yelled at her," He continued, ignoring the woman's comment.

"I don't think I'm cut out to work for Paul. I would just like to turn in my badge." You spoke up.

"Y/N, I got nothing but excellent reports about you on the first day from Paul. From what I heard as well, you promised Mr. Stanley two weeks before you decided. Is this correct?" Heather asked.

You looked from Heather to Eric, unsure of what to say to the question. Paul did, in fact, ask you to give the job a chance before you walk off the job. The day before had been stressful, but starting a morning with a man screaming at you was a flashback to your old home day with your father. You let out a deep sigh and nodded your head in agreement with the older woman.

"So, do I need to talk to Paul first, before Eric pulls me away?" You asked.

"You leave that all up to me. Eric, be back by noon and then we will sit with Paul and find out what's wrong," Heather said, picking up the phone..

Eric hopped off the desk and opened the door, waving you out. You looked at Heather one more time, seeing her focus on the phone before walking out behind the drummer. Feeling the anxiety building up in your stomach as you heard Heather's voice.

"Mr. Stanley? Y/N just left my office with Eric for a while and is requesting to resign. Okay, I'll see you in ten minutes." Heather's voice echoed down the hallway.

"Oh, this will not be good," You whispered

"Why don't you tell me what happened when you got into Paul's office, so I can figure out how to deal with him when we get back?" Eric asked.