Part 4

You glanced over your shoulder, seeing Paul's bracelet hand, making you cringe at the looming fight that was about to implode. The singer attempted to move you toward the van to get you out of the middle of the two of them, but you stayed brushing his shoulder away. Re-thinking the bassist request, you wondered if going to dinner would help actually get more information on dealing with Paul.

"Y/N, can I have a minute with my bandmate, Please?" Paul asked sternly

"I'm sorry Mr. Stanley, I was just about to answer Mr. Simmon's question. So could you please give us a minute to finish our discussion," you replied, turning to face the singer.

His face went from the shock that you had disobeyed him to anger, as he ran his hair through that black mane. Throwing his hands up, he stood to the side, waiting for the conversation to continue. You tried not to smile, realizing that you had found a pet peeve of the singers. The older man expected his demands to be followed.

"I would like to go out to dinner with you, Mr. Simmons. I don't see it as a problem since you are just a co-worker and not a direct boss," you replied.

"Great, Come find me when grumpy releases you for the day," Gene replied, grinning at you.

"It's still not fucking appropriate, Gene, and you know it. I know what you are doing and I'm tired of you fucking crossing those lines with me." Paul replied.

You looked between the two men, then over at the van, seeing Doc waving for you to get into the van. Jogging over to the manager and climbing in the van, he shut the door quickly. You watched from the window as the three men talked back and forth, Paul occasionally waving his hands around. Doc grabbed the bassist's arm and led him to the van, opening the front passenger seat and pushing Gene to get in.

"Gene, get in there and keep your mouth shut. Paul backseat now and be nice to Y/N. This is her first day and I'm tired of having to help you find new people to work with you because of Gene." Doc snapped.

Paul frowned and put his hands on his hips, looking as though he was taking multiple deep breaths to calm himself down. Hearing a whistle from Doc to catch the singer's attention, Paul finally made his way toward all of you. Climbing in, he took a seat right beside you in the back, moving closer to you. The light hair on your arms stuck up at just the contact of his shoulder brushing yours. As the driver pulled the van out of the lot and down the road, the singer leaned his head over to your ear but made sure as best as he could that no other part of his body touched against yours.

"Do not go out with him. It will lead to nothing but you in his bed or a black eye from his girlfriend. I will have HR fire you as well if you disobey me on this as your boss. We and especially me frown on sexual harassment." The singer whispered.

"Why didn't you warn me before about all of this? With your bandmate," You replied, glancing over at him, then at the front seat.

"What did you think me telling you to give us a minute was, or putting my hand on your shoulder to move you away? You just tried to get under my skin to see what pisses me off and what doesn't," the singer said, pulling back and raising an eyebrow.

"Day one and you've figured out that much." You said.

"I'm going to give you his number while we are beside each other right now. You will cancel this date." He said.

"Yes, Sir" You whispered, handing the singer your phone.

Paul let out a shaky breathy and went to your contacts, blocking your view as he typed in the number.

----------------------------------------------------------

Later That Afternoon

"You just up and changed your mind like that? Nothing to do with Paul whispering in your ear?" Gene asked as the four of you stood on the elevator.

"It's just not a smart idea. There will be times I have to do work for the band that will make you and Eric and Tommy my bosses. I don't want to mess up this great opportunity. Maybe take your girlfriend out for dinner instead." You reply.

You looked back at the ground, hearing both Doc and Paul laughing hysterically at your comment to the bassist. Crossing your fingers next to your side, hoping the doors to the elevator would open so everything would go back to business as normal. The feeling of your cell phone vibrating made you cringe, wondering who else could try to contact you. Pulling your glance from the floor, you looked around, seeing if any of the other men had their phones out, as the doors opened.

"Paul, we have to talk about the concert around Evan's party," Doc called, following behind the bassist

"Move the concert, or it doesn't happen! Nice talking to you, Doc," Paul replied, as the two of you walked back toward the singer's office.

Both of you stayed quiet during the trip down the ungodly long hallway. The whole interaction had shocked you throughout the day between you and Paul, plus how the other three men acted. The day had been exhausting. You looked down at your watch, seeing it was barely close to 5 pm. You looked down at the notepad, seeing it had only been halfway full, surprising you as the singer had clarified that you would always need to write something down for him. Finally reaching the office paul unlocked his door and pushed it open waving you inside.

"Do you want some coffee or something before we go over the week?" Paul asked,

"No thank you, Mr. Stanley. So I'm guessing I get to come back for one more day," You said, taking a seat at your desk.

"After that comment in the elevator, I say you earned another day working with me. Just make sure you are here fifteen minutes before me with your coffee drinking," The singer replied, smirking.

You glanced away from him, trying to avoid smiling back at the melting smirk. Paul took a seat back at his own desk, pulling out his calendar and groaning at the sight of it. You slid your chair over with one hand and the notebook in the other. He ran his hand through his hands through his hair and pointed at a date that had been circled in red.

"Are you ready to really prove you can handle this job by helping me with this, along with your other job duties?" Paul asked.