5. ~Mysterious~

Written: 4 March 2023

__________

I watch as the short blonde stands with a slight hanging jaw and wide eyes. She's dressed in black tight jeans and a black top that has a low v neck. Along with it all she has a leather jacket with a bunch of flowers on it. And black sneakers.

I haven't seen the blue eyed blonde in over a year. And she hasn't changed a bit.

Two months before I moved here me and a few members of our group came to New York for the final races of that year. Right after I got into an accident and broke my arm we went to this club named 'The Red flag' where I had met this girl named Liana.

After that night we met up a few times before I had to leave and go back to my home town. I never saw her again. Of course I thought of going back to the club but once I started taking the medications I didn't want to anymore.

I only had one question in my head.

What if she prefers me with ADHD?

And that's what kept me away.

But it's no surprise that once she sees I'm no longer the happy guy I was a year ago she looks like she's ready to pass out.

My eyes are no longer the happy bright green but instead it's now a dark cold forest shade. My black hair is a bit longer and 70% of my body is now filled with black ink.

"Hi!" Lia seems to have gotten out of her little daze and is now happily waving at me.

"Hmm." I hum in greeting but I don't take my eyes off her. She looks... Different in a way.

"Ignore Nick he's... Not very friendly." Dean nods his head in my direction and I glare at him. When did he get back?

"Oh. But he was very friendly when we first met." she frowns a bit and both Trev and Dean's eyes widen. Wait when did Trevor get back?

"Y-You've met Nick before?" Trev looks between us and I nod.

"Hmm." I hum still looking over the blonde's face.

"Aren't you the girl from the red flag?" Trev asks thankfully not mentioning that I was babbling about her to all my friends back then.

She looks down and nods. "I still work there."

After saying shaking hands with the red head now known as June I start walking over to the bonfire we made a few hours earlier.

Mysterious.

That's what's different. She's mysterious. Maybe she was back then too but my whipped ass just didn't see it.

"So how have you been since we last saw each other?" she walks next to me and I only look at her not answering.

"Oh. Nick...Changed a bit since then." She nods at Dean not once loosing her smile.

Why is she so fucking happy?