48. ~Think~

Hello Billy's! Yup that's it, I'm back at it *wink wink*. Now listen, I know I took a really big break from writing but I'm going full force now. I have edited and republished 47 chapters in three days. That doesn't mean the previous chapters are perfect and spelling mistake free but they are a bit better now. I'm really sorry I took so long but my mental health needed some help. I'm all better now though!

Btw it's a long chapter! Enjoy!

Alsoooo this picture is exactly what I image Nick looking like😏

Written: 20 September 2023

___________

She's not asking anything.

Mrs Perez sits on the arm chair looking at me and Lia, not saying anything. When I took a seat next to Lia on the big L shaped couch, I was mentally preparing myself for all the questions that's about to come. But they aren't coming. She hasn't asked a single question since we sat down fifteen minutes ago. Not about what Mr Perez did, not about how long we've been dating and not about what I do for a living.

Not a single question.

"Nana, aren't you going to ask or say anything?" Lia asks as she lays her head onto my shoulder. I kiss her head and take her small, cold hand into my big, warm one.

"I don't know where to start." Her Nana trails off. "But I think I'm going to start off easy." She looks at me and slightly narrows her eyes. "Did you know what my son was doing to Lia?"

The question catches me off guard and I immediately sit straighter. She thinks I knew about her son abusing my girl? She thinks I knew and did nothing?

For a slight moment I have the urge to stand up and drag Lia back home. Fuck the charger and dog bed... I'd buy new ones. But as much as I want to do that I won't. Lia loves her Nana and I love Lia so instead I shake my head slowly. "No ma'am, but the moment I found..." I trail off a bit. I don't think I should tell her grandmother I found Lia laying in a pool of her own blood. Even if I thought I should, I don't think I'd be able to get the words out of my mouth. I clear my throat. "The moment I found out I got Lia and moved her in with me."