26. ~Dress~

Written: 24 April 2023___________

___________

I don't have anything to wear.

Now of course I brought a dress to wear but it got lost somehow. It's completely gone.

Nick said it's possible a maid took it and that he'd tell Asher to question them but I'm not to worried about that. I'm worried about what I'm going to wear. I have nothing else to wear that's atleast decent enough for the engagement. And the dress was perfect too. It was not too exotic to take the attention away from Lily and not too dull.

It's just so sad.

I knew I should've brought a backup. Arg.

Slowly I lower onto the bed. "Oh God Nick. I'm going to have to wear jeans." I shiver at the thought.

Not jeans!

"Sweet pea relax. We can go buy you one real quick." Says the man as he gets his dress shirt on.

"Oh yes! We can go to a cute cheap shop and buy a pretty dress. Ok let's go!" I say and I'm about to walk out of the room when I turn back around at the lack of footsteps behind me.

Looking at Nick confused I raise a brow. "Why aren't you following me?"

Nick looks at me in disbelief. Then his hands gesture towards his (only boxer wearing) legs and my (still in sleepwear body)

My eyes widen. Oh.

Lifting a finger I clear my throat. "Right. I'll be five minutes."

Turns out five minutes turned to twenty. I had to look pretty. So I did my hair and makeup too.

When I step out of the bathroom I see Nick with absolutely no emotion close to Annoyed

When I step out of the bathroom I see Nick with absolutely no emotion close to Annoyed. He just looks relaxed. "Sorry. I know I said five minutes." I mumble as I fidget with the sleeve of my white top.

"I'll wait forever for you Sweet pea. Plus it was worth the twenty minutes to see you looking so beautiful." My heart jumps. Oh my.