53. ~Nerves~

Hello Billy's! So get ready for this chapter. Also Ryan and Lip... Huba huba. They are so hot I can't even.

Anyways enjoy!

Written: 17 October 2023

__________

Nick appears in the doorway just as I'm hanging Delilah's little party dress into her closet. We were invited to one of Nick's friend's baby's birthday party. The baby boy is turning one and Delilah was invited. So we are going.

I turn to look at him and smile. He's been at the warehouse since after breakfast because apparently they kidnapped a woman and he had to go make sure she's ok. They kidnapped a woman. Yup. My boyfriend and his gang kidnapped a woman.

Nick grins and makes his way towards me. I throw my arms around his neck and kiss his cheek. "Hey." I grin and before he can say anything I smash my lips against his.

I kiss him long and slow and Nick doesn't mind because he let's me. I love kissing Nick. It always feels like the first time. I see sparks and my toes and fingertips tingle. After a few minutes I'm out of breath so I pull away and look up into his eyes.

But instead of the happy look that's always there when he's looking at me there's something else. I frown "What's wrong?"

Nick sighs before looking at Delilah who's sleeping in her crib. He takes the baby monitor from the wall and starts leading me out of the room by my hand. I follow with a confused mind.

When we enter our room he closes the door behind us then turns to me with the same look on his face, only now there's guilt mixed in.

Oh my God. Why is there guilt?

Did he cheat on me? Oh my God.

"Did you cheat on me?" I blurt out the question and both mine and Nick's eyes widen.

"The fuck? No! Why would you think I'd cheat on you, Sweet pea?" Nick look between my eyes frantically.

"I don't know. You have guilt swimming in your eyes." I mumble while fidgeting with my fingers.

"I feel guilty because..." He trails of my my heart rate picks up. "I kind of invited June over."

What did he just say?

No he didn't.

"What?" I ask my voice cracking a bit.

"I know I shouldn't have. But Dean says she's miserable. She's confused because you haven't talked to her in weeks, Sweet pea. And I understand you don't know what to say to her, but I know that all the words will come to you the moment you see her." He looks at me and fear climbs into his eyes. "Don't be mad, please."

I shake my head. "I'm not mad. I'm just... Scared." I admit softly. Looking down at my feet I feel my eyes start to tear up. "I'm scared she'll be mad. I know she'll be mad because I've kept the secret from her all our lives. He started hitting me at such a young age. The age I already knew June at."