6. ~Races~

Written: 4 March 2023__________

__________

As I walk next to the short blonde I can't help but be shocked by myself.

I talked to her? I laughed?

To be honest I felt oddly... Happy next to her. I have missed her bubbly personality. And won't lie and say I'm not enjoying her company. I mean hell she got me to laugh for the first time in months.

I'm showing her around the racing grounds. I've shown everything except the VIP section.

The VIP section is very much different from the rest of the grounds. Only the fastest and most known racers are allowed there. That includes me and the guys. We just prefer to be close to the gates for when trouble strikes.

Not to run...To protect.

As we walk side by side I can't help but notice that Lia had a little limp that she hadn't had before. I ignore it since she might have just hurt her foot or something in the last year we hadn't seen each other.

"Where are we going?" She softly asks.

I nod my head towards the VIP section infront of us.

There's a big gazebo built with LED lights and couches. There's also a bar and waiters. Expensive sport cars surround it with all their glory. People sit on the couches with their fancy drinks and expensive car keys in hand. They are all famous around the young adults in New York for their racing skills. (Not as famous as we are though).

Lia stops dead. "Nick this is the VIP section we can't be here." She whispers.

Before I can stop it a chuckle leaves my lips. "It's fine. I'm a VIP." I say shortly as i show her my card.

She looks at it before looking at me with a grin. "If your trying to impress me I'ma tell you now only food can do that." Is all she says and i smirk.

We continue our walk and when we arrive we are greeted by loud music.

We don't even have a chance to get drinks before someone makes their way towards us.

"Nick! Your finally joining us?" Grayson asks way too happy.

I shake my head.

His face falls and he rolls his eyes. "Why the hell not?"

Grayson had been racing for only a few months now but in those few months he got alot of people to bet on him and his yellow Lamborghini. He's a few inches shorter than me with long blonde hair and brown eyes. Grayson's in his late 20s and still looks atleast 19.

"Because I have businesses to run and better things to do than sitting around drinking expensive shit and talking about how many woman I've screwed." I say as I give Lia a drink. I would happily talk an entire paragraph as long as my point is proven.

Her eyes widen and I smile at her.

"Don't call us out like that man." He chuckles.

I shake my head and lead Lia away from him.