58. ~Rest in Pieces~

We are so close to the end I'm literally crying. Enjoy.

Btw it's a really long chapter so buckle up.

Written: 6 November 2023
_____________

I've been sleeping in an empty bed for almost a week now. Well not really sleeping since I don't get much sleep when she's not next to me.

It's been a week since what I did. A week.

Lia asked Dean to give her another room and I didn't protest. I would never force her to share a room with me. So Dean put her in a guest bedroom three doors from mine. It was hard watching the room we shared being more empty. Potato's bed was gone along with all of Lia's bags and clothes.

She had the right to be mad. What I did was unforgivable. But I'm not sure I'll survive it if she doesn't forgive me.

My alarm starts blaring next to my head and I turn it off without looking away from the white ceiling above me. It's three am.

During the last week I worked on a plan to take Silas down. Since I didn't get much sleep I took advantage and got the entire plan (that would've taken a few weeks) ready in a few days. And today, we are killing Silas. I'm not going to lie and say I'm sad that I'll be going on a mission without Lia's good luck kiss and hug, but it has to be done.

It just doesn't sit right with me to go on a mission while on bad terms with her.

But the sooner he's dead, the sooner we can move back home.

Sitting up I stretch my arms up and over my head. When I look to Lia's side of the bed I'm not surprised to see a little fur ball laying there sleeping peacefully. Potato has been sneaking in lately. Well the first few nights the door was closed so he would scratch on it until I opened for him, and soon I decided to just leave a small gap for him to enter.

He sleeps on her side every night.

I've over heard Lia complaining to June about the fact that Potato never goes to bed. She said she thinks he found a better place to sleep. When in reality the pup is only in the bed she's supposed to be in.

I guess he got used to sleeping next to both of us.

After getting dressed in a pair of black pants and a black t-shirt, I make my way down the hallway towards her room. Just like me, she keeps her door open for Potato. I peak into the room to see Lia sleeping on her tummy. She's wearing an oversized t-shirt and short shorts. But the t-shirt has ridden up in her sleep and is now bunched up around her waist. Her ass is out in the open.

Taking a deep breath and scolding my body for reacting, I make my way over and cover her up with the blankets. When I'm done I lean down and kiss her head. I make my way back out and close the door.

The house is going to be noisy in a few minutes when all of the gang members arrive. And I will personally kill each and every one of them if she gets woken up.